Your own FaceBook vs. a FaceBook 'Page' - Thoughts

JC Biffro

So I was thinking about this. I think as a producer, it's important to be more than just the 'guy behind the beat' and to interact with people at a more personal level.

There are some ways you can segment your FaceBook profile so you can keep some of your content exclusive to real-life friends.

So on that point...What's your opinion on using your own FaceBook to market yourself (or have as your producer page) rather than having to use a separate page that you've then got to manage as well? Heck, I've got to put up with pictures of babies and food in my newsfeed all day, why shouldn't I fill theirs up with something a little 'productive'.

Leggo! :berzerk:

man fb can be good and bad if you have others to support your music than its good but if no ones supporting you like me with my occasional listeners its a waste. I guess ill have to get famous before my real fb friends start supporting me but its cool just grinding yo

https://www.facebook.com/thetravlife

I personally think facebook is a waste of time.. NAME AN ARTIST WHO GOT DISCOVERED OVER FACEBOOK? (GO HEAD I'LL WAIT?) GETTING A YOUTUBE PAGE POPPING IS WHERE IT'S AT.

true its def going to get bigger though most artist around last year started making em you know it will increase i'll still use it though

I don't have a personal FB account. I've got a music "page" for IPM Music, but I can't get friends or post anything on anybody's wall. I'm fine with that. I just wanted the presence.

I have my old dj group still active plus a facebook beat page and recently decided to add my fans to my account, It's not as personal though, I don't usually post albums and stuff like that anymore, I just treat it like my twitter

It helps out a lot man id rather deal with facebook than with twitters annoying azz people posting 20thousand tweets a day about what there eating and where they are. On FB I feel closer to my peoples eventhough im not big or anything I do generate a few listens from facebook aswell and like my page man same goes to anybody ill like back same goes for soundcloud follow away maybe we can help eachother out. https://www.facebook.com/joesonofficial Also the best advice I can give you is that if you want more fans, more listens then do the same for others in other words if you want fans then be a fan of others material there is a lot of people out there that want to be heard like you.-2cents

Last edited:
I don't have a personal FB account. I've got a music "page" for IPM Music, but I can't get friends or post anything on anybody's wall. I'm fine with that. I just wanted the presence.

so do you have any fans/likes? it seems like a prime example of a wast of time

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

It helps out a lot man id rather deal with facebook than with twitters annoying azz people posting 20thousand tweets a day about what there eating and where they are. On FB I feel closer to my peoples eventhough im not big or anything I do generate a few listens from facebook aswell and like my page man same goes to anybody ill like back same goes for soundcloud follow away maybe we can help eachother out. https://www.facebook.com/joesonofficial Also the best advice I can give you is that if you want more fans, more listens then do the same for others in other words if you want fans then be a fan of others material there is a lot of people out there that want to be heard like you.-2cents

Bro if you use twitter right, you can make alot of connections.. there's no a&r's on facebook.. their all on twitter.. you can't get in contact with labels or rappers on facebook... their all on twitter.. feel me

so do you have any fans/likes? it seems like a prime example of a wast of time

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Bro if you use twitter right, you can make alot of connections.. there's no a&r's on facebook.. their all on twitter.. you can't get in contact with labels or rappers on facebook... their all on twitter.. feel me

I know your right but twitters frustrating for me but maybe its just me idk.

I know your right but twitters frustrating for me but maybe its just me idk.
word... it's not for everyone, I hated it at first .. but it grew on me.. it's like the number 1 connections tool online. feel me.. i would strongly getting into it feel me. .

Back