Would This Processor Be Good For Using FL and Lots of VST's

R

Robby2382

I use a lot of VST's, primarily Nexus, Sylenth, Predator, Purity, the bigger ones. If I use about 5 Nexus's I'm screwed on hearing the beat cause of all the crackling. So what I want to know is this CPU good? Will I get any crackling? I have to have it where I get no crackling at all cause when it comes down to mixing I can't hear anything because it plays horrible.

Here is the cpu - AMD Athlon II X4 651K Llano 3.0GHz Socket FM1 Quad-Core Desktop Processor AD651KWNGXBOX - Newegg.com

Also, how would I be able to figure out if this cpu will fit in my motherboard? Cause I don't want to have to purchase a new motherboard unless I wait to save some money up.

if you want to run FL Studio flawlessly you'll will a computer with an i3, i5, or i7 processor . Its perfect for music .

you sound silly. I run FL flawlessly with a socket 478 P4HT.

OP, what processor are you currently using?

My current processor is a Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz. A better question to ask I guess would be what is the lowest I can pay to run FL Studio Flawlessly? I'm getting so frustrated with being so limited with my music. All I need is FL to run perfectly fine with no skipping while I'm mixing down and mastering. Like I said I use a lot of Nexus's and they take up a lot. I'm on Windows 7 and cannot downgrade. Tried for days.

I have another computer that runs on DDR ram, not DDR2. Woudl it be cheaper to just upgrade that computer, it's running on Windows XP. I get more skipping and stuff on FL with it but I think the processor is a bit newer. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to the CPU and motherboard. But I know with music, I need a good processor, soundcard, and a good amount of RAM.

If you have Intel Pentium socket how do you wan't to put AMD Cpu in it??
You have Intel's 775 socket. So you must find CPU that will work with 775.
Your hardware is outdated (2005-6 CPU). I suggest you to buy something new.
Even 400-500$ PC(DIY) will solve all your problems.

Give me your motherboard and I give best what you can get.

Last edited:
This is a good processor. The more cores (quad) the better. How much RAM do you have? Your problem could be that you don't have enough RAM. You can always google the motherboard of your current pc to see if that processor is compatible. I could check for you. What is the make and model of your pc that you want to upgrade?

If you're interested I will be selling my CPU & motherboard as a combo on 3/2, beginning of next month. I just upgraded to an i7 3820 + Rampage IV mobo combo.

I have an AMD Phenom II 955 3.2GHz CPU, with an AsRock microATX motherboard. It will easily accomplish what you're looking to do and much more... just make sure you have a decent amount of RAM to throw in it. (I'm keeping my 16GB of RAM lol).

I will be selling it somewhere around the $125 ballpark depending on what the listing is going for on eBay. I always sell a little bit less than other listings so it will move fast. I don't want to hold on to it.

PM me your email if you're interested. I'll let you know what I post it. Again.. it'll be March 2nd... after payday lol.

My current processor is a Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz. A better question to ask I guess would be what is the lowest I can pay to run FL Studio Flawlessly? I'm getting so frustrated with being so limited with my music. All I need is FL to run perfectly fine with no skipping while I'm mixing down and mastering. Like I said I use a lot of Nexus's and they take up a lot. I'm on Windows 7 and cannot downgrade. Tried for days.

I have another computer that runs on DDR ram, not DDR2. Woudl it be cheaper to just upgrade that computer, it's running on Windows XP. I get more skipping and stuff on FL with it but I think the processor is a bit newer. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to the CPU and motherboard. But I know with music, I need a good processor, soundcard, and a good amount of RAM.

what kind of PC is it? Depending on the motherboard's chipset, you might be able to get a Core2 Duo or Quad on there.

Back