Working with two DAWs

Unhooked

I am currently producing chillstep tracks using FL Studio 11 and mastering them using Adobe Audition. I am getting good results. Would it benefit me to learn Pro Tools aswell as a mastering software or would it just get confusing and redundant?

They're all very similar man especially protools and reaper.
fl studio is more or less a similar cubase and reason etc.
If that's what you feel like doing then do it, certainly wouldn't be a disadvantage knowing how to use more than 1 daw, especially since people in those studio places seem to discredit those who don't use particulars :/

Unless you're an actual Mastering Engineer, I don't see what process you'd be doing to a track that would warrant even using another DAW for Mastering. But if that's how you like to work then using Audition is fine. Learning another DAW simply for Mastering your tracks, which you probably aren't doing justice to anyways, isn't worth it. Try learning iZotop's Ozone.

If you're going to make a broad statement like that back it up with why they suck. FL Studio's Limiter/Compressor, Multi-band Compressor, PEQ2, and Maximus are great tools. If you were looking for a substitution and knew what you were actually doing I can tell you for a fact you wouldn't be using Audition and you would've actually forked up money for some plugins.

Last edited:
I master using Adobe Audition because FL Studio's compressors, limiters and parametric EQ sucks.

I don't what FL Studio 11 compressors sound like, on the other hand, I have noticed a sound difference between certain compressors in Ableton 9 and Reason 7.

Personally, I encourage the use of multiple programs. Just understanding how to navigate through them quickly qualifies you to work with more people, based on their DAW. I also tell other producers to use Integrated DAWs for gaining more experience.

Unless this is and will always be a hobby for you, learn everything your mind has the capacity to retain. Then, learn past that limit and beyond what your mind believes it can hold. Refuse to know everything about just one thing because it helps to know more.

The more we learn, the more we advance.

PEACE

I came to this website to learn. Not to be insulted or intimidated. I have plugins and am pretty good with them and the genre I work in. Sorry I even brought it up slick. Did not realize you were Gods' gift to digital music production. Oh wait I see the problem....your from ****ing New York!

I came to this website to learn. Not to be insulted or intimidated. I have plugins and am pretty good with them and the genre I work in. Sorry I even brought it up slick. Did not realize you were Gods' gift to digital music production. Oh wait I see the problem....your from ****ing New York!

If you want to learn then ask, if you want to talk out of your ass about something you have no knowledge about and expect not to get called out on it then you're in the wrong place. Too many people come on here reading threads, and it's the bullshit statements people like you make that fill their minds with crap. You couldn't even answer the question, just tried being a smartass about it, you have plenty to learn I'll tell you that.

What don't you like about FL Studio Compressors? I'm still considering if I should get FL Studio myself...

Actually I recant that statement that they suck. The more I think about it the more I realize that it's the presets that I don't like. I need to learn to use the limiter, EQs' and compressors without relying on the presets to magically fix things. I need to learn more about mixing and mastering using these tools. I am at the mercy of video tutorials via youtube at the moment. Other than that I love FL Studio. It is a great DAW and has an easy work flow to it. Is there any site you would recommend to learn more about mixing and producing a good quality sound?

Actually I recant that statement that they suck. The more I think about it the more I realize that it's the presets that I don't like. I need to learn to use the limiter, EQs' and compressors without relying on the presets to magically fix things. I need to learn more about mixing and mastering using these tools. I am at the mercy of video tutorials via youtube at the moment. Other than that I love FL Studio. It is a great DAW and has an easy work flow to it. Is there any site you would recommend to learn more about mixing and producing a good quality sound?

I know a ton of people that have found The Art of Mixing by David Gibson useful.

Took your advice. Ozone 5 advanced looks like a great software suite. Just started messing around with it and like it. Thanks, now there's no need to export into Adobe Audition.

Back