Why isn't anyone bragging about ... ???

BiggRome 2.0

Can you dig it ?
Placements !

Where are all of the "yeen got no placements, you're a bum bedroom produca!" stories I used to see?

Is it enough consolation to just have your beat picked by "hot rapper of the moment" now?

"Yes, Waka I would be honored to have you on my beat and not even consider paying me or saying my name... thank you Mr. Flame..."

People with placements still flippin burgers... foh lol.

or have a good or above decent paying job

I know I do

there no new hit christian rapper really
we on the same team so it's all good or rather GRACE
the exc. chief at my job has four business which one is selling beats
so I guess you should have more than one SIDE-HUSTLE!!!

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

Music is a side hustle for 95% of musicians. There is no shame in not making enough money from music to live off of.

If it were the same way for engineers, doctors, teachers, accountants, etc, we would laugh at those people.

I don't think they were fake placements. I think there are hundreds of producers starting out everyday so the market is more saturated then ever before. Congrats to all the cats who got and are getting placements. Keep hustlin' just remember there is no guarantees in life so pursue your dreams but get that education as well. Maybe this is why there aren't too many takers on the remix threads...saving those hits for that one placement that will get them over the top...or not.

I don't think they were fake placements. I think there are hundreds of producers starting out everyday so the market is more saturated then ever before. Congrats to all the cats who got and are getting placements. Keep hustlin' just remember there is no guarantees in life so pursue your dreams but get that education as well. Maybe this is why there aren't too many takers on the remix threads...saving those hits for that one placement that will get them over the top...or not.
sounds good but there are reputable business to deal with rather then anybody saying they can get your beats placed.
i know multiple people who had there music jacked and 0 people that had there music placed other then on a mixtape and giving away beats or at least your best beats for a mixtape is just plain stupid.

Last edited:
What does a placement get you these days?

I got production mixing/mastering jobs. I actually get paid instead of waiting around.

Still done stuff the last year with Yukmouth(of course don't I always?), Big Fase 100, Trajedy Khadafi, 2 Pistols, Mr. Serv on, Yung Wun, Mitchy Slick, sure I'm forgetting tons of guys. I quit talking cause dudes acted like I was braggin(trust me, I'm not, you gotta be checking for these guys hard to hear this stuff anyway). Doesn't matter. I make my money PRODUCING, RECORDING, MIXING and MASTERING it don't matter if I can call you a 'placement" or if you're the guy down the street no one has heard of.

I've said since 2004 when I got my 1st "placement(if you can call anything I did 1)" 9/10 the "nobody" pays more anyway.

Last edited:
I started all of those threads because it seems like the "production conversations" have changed.

There seems like there's no "hope" in the air as much as it used to be. It used to seem like people were sitting there with a PowerBall ticket hoping to win 100 mil...

... now it seems like people will do the "happy dance" if they get $20 off of a scratch ticket...

The carrot in front of the horse used to be "I'mma get a big check! and buy... ???"... now there is no carrot it seems.

"Waka Flocka rapped on one of my beats..."

"What did you get out of it?"

"ummm... Waka Flocka rapped on one of my beats..."

I started all of those threads because it seems like the "production conversations" have changed.

There seems like there's no "hope" in the air as much as it used to be. It used to seem like people were sitting there with a PowerBall ticket hoping to win 100 mil...

... now it seems like people will do the "happy dance" if they get $20 off of a scratch ticket...

The carrot in front of the horse used to be "I'mma get a big check! and buy... ???"... now there is no carrot it seems.

People have smartened up. The money isn't there. The love is the only thing that keeps most people going.

People have smartened up. The money isn't there. The love is the only thing that keeps most people going.

Ain't no love for making beats, that was a cop out as a cover up way to say "nobody is buying my stuff... sniff..."

... of course creative people like to create, sort of like the old lady that knits, does pottery or basket weaves but it's not the same with "beats". If you're really a musician, I get it but if you're limited in musical knowledge ... you were in it for the gold rush. All the gold is gone!

The Neptunes, Timberland, Trackmasters, Dr. Dre etc 20-100K per beat days are long gone so are the lotto dreamer beat makers. The game is so saturated that everybody gives away free beats so that they can have somebody known featured on it hoping that will create a chain reaction of people asking who did the track leading to a pay day. In reality what it does is open a flood gate of no name beat makers sending free tracks to artists with the same dream. The artist then has enough material to do an entire mix tape off free beats. Then when it's time for them to do an album they go back to their in house team.

Last edited:
As far as im concerned, id rather make a living than sitting around and hoping to see a check. So I stopped really chasing placements on albums. The last 2 I did I was either paid and not credited or credited & not paid so I figure what's the use?
Every so often a rapper will use a track and it promotes the name, I use that to build my buzz so I can charge indies what I do.

In the meanwhile im paying my bills with music and working on my own projects.

Back