why is abelton the daw used by the best electronic musicians ?

DAW preference is a classic conversation that separates musicians from elitists.

Certain DAW's are geared towards certain things, but every DAW can do everything. Pro Tools is geared towards audio, while logic is integrated very well with midi. But you can still do both in both programs.

If you're going to do electronic music, I would recommend Ableton, but don't get it cause some jackass told you real producers use Ableton. Those are the kinda people that probably have crap music to begin with, since their only way to put producers down is by saying they use Ableton.

FL Studio is severely underrated.
Users
-Avicci
-Deadmau5
-Madeon
-Hopsin
-Lex Luger
-9th wonder
-Alex da kidd
-Boi-1da
-Hit-Boy

It doesn't really matter though. You should check out some trials/lite versions and see which daw has the best workflow for you. Idc if somebody is using garageband, good music is good music.

And most people just bring in custom sounds/plugins to their daw anyway. Fruity Loops is very customizable.

I personally stopped going on Fruity Loops because somebody told me exactly that: It was for bad producers. I'm glad they told me that, because I basically went on a musical journey where I trained with the great monks of Pro Tools and Logic mountain. But I definitely would use Fruity Loops again, that kid was talking out his ass.

I personally make hip-hop beats in maschine, arrange and record in logic, then mix in pro tools.

Last edited:
Lol I bought FL back in 09. It took me long to get to grips with it. I gotta admit though. If you know what you are doing, FL is too beastly. Ableton, well... Ableton just makes me feel like the possibilities are endless

Why do they use Ableton ?? Obvious button pushing, to push buttons That's why there's a controller called Push it's meant to do what it says push, Ableton excels in the field of pushing buttons because how do you perform EDM are you going to have a band with synthesizers even if Native Instruments make a hardware version of Massive or FM8 are you going to have a band member playing instruments like "noise and risers" that's why these days EDM sounds so "full" it's noise beneath the music nothing fancy it's all but pushing buttons and telling the crowd you are a DJ ....So the promoter pays you the crowd pays the promoter it's good business right?

looks like ableton has a pretty set way of glitching not saying that no other daw can but abelton looks like its a more intuitive workflow of dub step and electronic stuff. Having a very good controller is a must ill admit so just for the basic live with the launchpad looks like a killer deal. Ill admit the machine studio looks like it has a lot of similar features and the sampling looks even better than before but i think the maschine would be more for just sampled music rather than full blown electronic sessions at least for me.

Using the Maschine Studio inside of Ableton is where it gets interesting. You can do almost anything with the 2. Control a drum rack from inside Maschine software, sequence from Ableton into Maschine software, run Maschine controller as a midi controller. It works really well with Ableton. I cant find another DAW that works so well with Maschine

Back