Why I hate the hood

About "working for money the clean way aka get a legal job"

Work is not something people are happy about, even people who have legal jobs are not happy (most of them).

People will often say "I need a job that requires me to not take orders, is easy, pays good and I like"

Well guess what, there are not many jobs like that so you will most likely have to get a job where

- It pays less or is okay pay
- You get ordered around
- Its not super easy like you expected
- Its not your dream job or something you really enjoy

But guess what, you can't always get what you want, and the problem is people want what they can't always get (which ties back into stealing, ect.)

People see stealing or selling drugs as the easy way of working. They have no one to listen to, they don't have to wake up at a certain time, they don't get ordered around, its not labor work, the pay is high and quick money (depending on how many people you sell to of course).

So you have two choices

Take the easy way out with a ton of risk along with destroying your community and feeling guilty about it
Take the hard way, work your way up, and make a honest living

Nobody enjoys getting paid shit money
Nobody enjoys jobs they hate
Nobody enjoys being ordered around

But you have to do what you have to do to eat

People that work at a regular job may not get "quick drug money", they may not get "$5,000 from robbing a store"

But they also ensure they will never get shot, killed, stabbed, thrown in prison, ect.

And all along they can be working their way up to someday be making money than most drug dealers.

Anyways, most drug dealers I see don't even make money, if they were making money why are they still in the hood? Surely 50 cent moved his ass out the hood when he got some real $$$$$$.

A person who has SUCCESSFULLY made it out the hood and is making $$$$$$ legally would have to be a complete fool to go back in the hood and do illegal stuff. You would literally have to be a FOOL to ruin what you have.

And that is why most intelligent people even from the hood will not be dumb enough to go back and get thrown in prison after they have $$$$$.

That is not to say people haven't done it but usually its either because of greed or because the fact they are not happy even with money.

There are people that have all the money in the world but are still not happy and there are bank robbers who are so stupid that they keep going back for more even after making millions of dollars, because they are greedy and keep wanting more.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also if you are trying to produce music in the "hip-hop" genre, you can't be seen working a regular job or it will ruin your "image" or so people assume that, which is another reason why people don't want regular jobs because of their "image".
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Realistically this is the reality, I hope all the wanna be drug dealers and gangstas hear this

Unless you are a big time drug dealer you probably ain't making shit for money, lets be honest.

A nerd at Mcdonalds is probably realistically raking in more cash than most petty drug dealers at the end of the year

So who is more gangsta? The nerd at Mcdonalds making more money than the drug dealer or the drug dealer in prison who made $30 in one day and now has to serve 5 years. Lets bump that number up, even if you were to make $1,000 in one week, once you get caught you are nothing but a "fool".

What is more gangsta?

A person selling drugs and can't even afford a whip (car)
or
A person working at the mall and owns a whip (car)?

What is more gangsta?

You see if you replace "gangsta" with the sentence "I' get less money than someone working a regular job" then you can easily see why so many people in the hood are "gangsta".

A better definition of gangsta would be "someone who stands up for themselves, is not a *****, and will **** you up"

Now that in my opinion is a much better term for gangsta, because then people in the hood can go get a job and realize that doesn't make them a ***** just because they have to work for money.

Because I assure you 99% of the so called gangstas in your hood think they are gangsta with their "no car".

And on the topic of people who kill people thinking they are gangsta

You ain't a G just because you can kill someone

Anybody can kill someone, its not hard, that does not make you a gangsta, a 16 year old with his fathers rifle can kill you, who is more gangsta? You or the 18 year old at Walmart who went and bought a gun then shoots you and lives in the country?

Who is more gangsta, you with your gun or a police officer who is more thug than you and kills you first?

Dead is dead, a gun is a gun.

So how killing = your a gangsta because if it means your a gangsta then you ain't special, I guess people that fight in wars are the most gangsta, the police are the most gangsta and you ain't shit compared to their body count.

The idea of "gangsta" is what makes people fools

My definition of gangsta is not the same as other peoples definition

I grew up in the hood, I seen like maybe one drug dealer who I recall that always had a nice car, one look and you could tell he sells drugs just from how his car looks and how its all pimped out.

Everyone else are just petty drug dealers not making more than $300 a week and that is being GENEROUS

If most drug dealers was making the doe they claimed then where is your car, where is your rolex, where is your house, where is your anything?

I see drug dealers who ride around on their bikes still.

SO WHAT IT COMES DOWN TO IS THIS

#1 - Work a honest job that you can possible not enjoy, your pay is possibly low, average or above, you may possibly take orders, you may possibly have to work your way up. Its legal and you will never waste your life away

#2 - Do illegal activities to make money, you will more than likely never make more money than a kid at Mcdonalds who is working a full year every year, you also will probably end up in prison/jail, shot, stabbed, or killed. You have a chance of never getting caught and making a ton of money but that chance is so small you are basically calling yourself the next "Albert Einstein".

Anyone (including people in the hood) will choose option #1 because its LOGICAL, and the only reason tons of people in the hood do not come to that conclusion is not because they were not smart before or could be smart, it is because they grew up and were brain washed to think like a fool and become one as well.

While people are worried about being "gangsta" and making $0 per hour, bill gates is laughing with his billions of dollars about how he is gangsta.

Who is more gangsta? You or bill gates

The answer is BILL GATES

- He can pay people to kill you
- He can buy your city
- He doesn't have to hustle he is rich
- He doesn't have to ask for sex, he can get it anytime he wants because he has money
- He can marry the girl you wish you could marry
- He can own your block
- He can pay your gang to become his servants

The point is, I don't believe in the regular definition of the term gangsta how it is thrown around today, because the only gangstas are the ones with money and that means most people in the hood are not gangstas.

They created title "gangsta" to mean "I can brag about being a failure"

Gangsta's exist however my term for gangsta is much different, because anyone can be a gangsta, which would mean NO GANGSTA IS SPECIAL so what the **** is the point of trying to be one.

If I seen a group of 5 guys jump someone, then brag a week later how they are gangsta on facebook, all I am thinking in my head is "Your not a gangsta, your just a group of pussies"

If I seen 2 guys picking on a younger kid, and the kid goes crazy and beats the shit out of 1 of them I would think "Wow, that little crazy shit is a gangsta".

My definition of gangsta is more like the people who exist who are more "stand up for themselves" type of people, it would in fact be the opposite of a pussy. Most people who exist do not really stand up for their selves or others, so I guess it would be right to call someone a pussy or cowardly (not saying it is nice), the people who don't back down and stand up for themselves and others would be the real gangsta people.

However fighting someone with 5 people just proves you were the pussy who could not stand up for yourself, ect.

That is how I define Gangsta, because if you define gangsta as killing someone then please explain how you are more gangsta than a Cop?

Do gangsta's not make fun of cops saying "**** the cops" yet they brag about killing as if they are more gangsta than a cop who does the same thing?

So the only legit definition for the word Gangsta that I will ever accept is more along the lines of someone who is "not a pussy", a stand up type of person, one who does not back down easily, would rather die than admit defeat or be made to look like a pussy.

That is the only definition I would accept

Because only then could you brag about being a "gangsta" something most people are not

Most people are cowardly, gangsta can apply and I could see why you could brag about it

However you can't really brag about killing as if its special when cops kill you back, cops would in definition be more gangsta than you on top of the fact they make money while they are killing you.

That is all I wanted to say

Damn bro, you put whole heart into that reply :D. You are spitting the facts brother, there is nothing good about being a drug dealer or gangster. In New York, I knew a couple guys who sold drugs near my school, one of them was getting paid really good. About $3500 a week, at least that is what the kids in my school said. The reason was basically because half of the kids in my school were potheads and drug addicts.

benji2;4***9715 said:
It all starts in the home. If you don't raise your kids, the streets will. Absentee fathers are the one of the biggest reasons people turn to gangs and them streets.

That's my point though.........how long have people being saying that? When did we start having to say that? See we can talk about a fraction of the problem.....but when it comes to "US" coming together to resolve the problems....what do we do?

It's way bigger than that. How do you raise your child "properly"? Oh.....it's only about "violence" with a lot of people so as long as you (don't be like them niggas over there) and go to college then we will raise a new "BREED" of black folks that will end the violence. Problem is...even with mother and father raising a child in the hood, doesn't stop him from being around what he will eventually adapt to. That doesn't solve the "PROBLEM"...it's only a solution for people who don't care about the PROBLEM. Just cause a breed of people "hating blacks".....hating their own people. But they straight...educated....went and bought a Donk and wanna ride through the hood in it......mfers like that, right? Want all of the positive things that keep a nigga in hood's mind working....and throw it in his face. Nigga had to get money like a "BUSINESS MAN".....but here these black folks who abandoned them coming through there working for somebody else as an employee on a salary.......think they have a right to be here enjoying what them enjoy (since you from there) until them bullets let loose.......then what? That doesn't help nothing? Just creates more "HATE". They hate you and you hate them.

Sad that what makes us even move in the right direction is the "MEDIA" telling us what to do. 9 blacks were MURDERED.........niggas don't care..........a MULTITUDE OF BLACK CHURCHES BURNED.......niggas don't care.......MEDIA WANTS TO CAPTURE YOU AS A WHOLE WHETHER A THUG OR STUDENT TEARING A CITY UP WITCHO MELANIN GLOWING........Gangs call a truce in that city....but soon as the media stops......and you go back to raising your child...so the "streets" won't. MEDIA made a big deal out of Trayvon........niggas still wearing him on T Shirts and talking shit about Zimmerman when he pops up every 3 months. IT'S A MFING TREND TO KILL OUR ASS!!!!! Now the trend is killing black women.........while we raise our children so the streets won't.

See....they know we ain't gone do shit. Niggas always been good with running their mouth but ain't gone do shit, right? We ain't gone do shit until they tell us. We still going to spend our money on they shit....and they still going to murder our black ass for facebook to see so we can use our "freedom" to run our mfing mouth. Fuuck all other things we are free to do. We love these material items soo much we will say fuuckem too just as long as we can keep our shit.

Soon as we finally get this (after the trend turns to them killing our CHILDREN) they will label ua terrorist for fighting for our rights........while people raise their children so the streets won't. :cheers:

We are almost there............problem is people are scared of the "wrong" violence. Rather wear RBG........rather be scared a stray will hit you..........rather give props to 20 DIFFERENT MFING VIDEO ANGLES of two cops choking the shit out a nigga til he dead..........deep inside you want to scream "WORLD STAR" because you got footage.......instead of you 20 mfers beating the SHIT our of the two COPS! How the hell we get so weak? We at war.....and we all of a sudden want to be camera men now. You couldn't afford a camera back when Rodney King was getting his ass beat........you would rather have a Mopad......yo black asses didn't care to be a part in Funniest Home Video filming your cat doing stupid shit.....a camcorder cost like $2000....nigga that's a waste of money! But you niggas camera men now......40 mfers filming a niggas getting his ass beat to death........with broke ass niggas screaming at the police...(IT AIN'T RIGHT!!!!).........just like they did you in slavery.....make you watch your woman get raped....make you watch your family get brutally killed...you HAD NO MFING CHOICE...or you next nigga...this is what you gone get to.

Last edited:
people are ****ed up....whats new? , and everybody even the higher ups are afraid to tell people what the problems are so the ignorance just gets passed down, we dont learn as kids because we instead listen to music and watch tv...we grow up to think life is some type of fantasy...im sorry i said what i said but id like to get the attention of some...i know the hood is ****ed up, lol...i know what type of people your talking about, the ones who stay silent and just watch as their homies, brothers, sisters whatever just jump off that cliff....terrible, im sick if it....

Some really good posts on here, really get inspiret from these discussions.

But I just want to ask, what CAN we do about it? We know creating awareness isn't enough, we want action, but what actions do we need to take? Demonstration? Riot? Cause all these things doesn't seem to change much.

Unfortunately - you can't save everybody - so you gotta start with yourself. (not taking directly to anyone in this thread - just in general)

I think that this is the best way to ultimately make a change.

You grow individually - add value to yourself - then in return you can add value to others.

Example: Work hard, become successful, build a business and employ people "of promise" from the hood.

(if your goal is to make a difference).

Easier said then done....but...it can be done.

Back