Why Do People Like Ryan Leslie?

DaVizzy

I hear people say he's so inspiring but then I listen to his music and its mad average. And then I see this

SO not only is dude mediocre, He's corny as ****. To me at least. Dancing with his shirt tucked in his pants and sleeves rolled up.

Someone explain his appeal to me because I don't get it.

He's a talented dude IMO. I dont see what the problem is besides him rapping. Him rapping is that shit I dont like. All the R&B stuff is cool to me though...

a lot of people see that he plays instruments and does things they arent really capable of doing and think that hes really that good.
But ive always found him average and overrated. on a production side and songwriting side.

theres 50 producers that arent even on that are better than him in my opinion, its just hes got the showmanship factor. He can put on a good show and he has fun with his music so thats really all you can ask for

cool to me. Although I think that beat should have someone like em on it though. dude just seem silly to me

Can't believe he pulled out the card to show. I said it before and I say it again, no Harvard no buzz just another average producer. I will try that cup/coin shaker though:hello:

Ryan Leslie = Genius Marketer

Some of the stuff you see in his videos is borderline ridiculous... sometimes i catch myself saying "who the **** is this guy?". Bodyguards, cadillacs, picking money after a school presentations, rolling around with more cars and police than the president. It's hilarious.

He is a master at manufacturing dramatic scenarios but because he is not pushed by a major system all the stuff he does comes off as pretentious and it makes him appear like someone who hires these people and buys things to make himself appear larger than life. Which i am pretty sure he's fully aware of that. I'm not going to lie it is entertaining lol.

The fact that he is not on the radio or on tv or all over magazines is what makes people question the things that he does.

I like his stuff. It's not some next level shit but i enjoy what he puts out. If you remove all the showmanship he seems pretty passionate about music.

Last edited:
Funny how when somepone falls off everyone can see past the glits and glam. A few years back I'm pretty sure Drew and myself were called "haters" on a regular on these boards for saying the same things everyone says about him now.

I'm still waiting for people to admit Storch wasn't that good...but he's white, so that will never happen.

storch is and always be the best white producer...he had a whole summer on lock, matter of fact i think it was a year. He had everybody copping motifs and playing with the pitchbend lol.

Funny how when somepone falls off everyone can see past the glits and glam. A few years back I'm pretty sure Drew and myself were called "haters" on a regular on these boards for saying the same things everyone says about him now.

I'm still waiting for people to admit Storch wasn't that good...but he's white, so that will never happen.

Ya really think dude is wack? Storch too?

I don't think Ryan Leslie is bad...i don't think he's average either... i'll put him slightly above average.

He's like a fabolous sorta speak or ludacris... you know one of those people who are not bad by any means but are not making groundbreaking music that makes you go "wow", they're just pretty consistent at delivering whatever they are good at and don't step outside of those boundaries.

But... but Storch extra nice on the keys though...

Ryan Leslie is liked because he prolly made one of the most inspiring beatmaking videos of ALL TIME and he can play many instruments too

storch is and always be the best white producer...he had a whole summer on lock, matter of fact i think it was a year. He had everybody copping motifs and playing with the pitchbend lol.

these guys would like to have a few words with you.
lukasz-dr-luke-gottwald-max-martin-2011-4-28-3-41-20.jpg

^^^Jeff Bhasker and Mike Dean are upset too.

I'm not saying Storch or Leslie are bad...I'm saying they aren't doing anything surpassing others in their class. They were propelled to the forefront when they let you virtually "step in the studio" with them.

Last edited:
I learnt one thing. Most people I know who claim R LEs is the shit are people who just have watched his youtube videos. People forget his catalogue. They think the couple of youtube beat making videos. Yes he has some catchy beats but for the most part it's nonsense. I agree with him being over rated. But his marketing scheme works I guess.

Back