WHy do famous people only comunicate over twitter ?

O

OliverPractice

They're not on any other site or forums, except posting a status on facebook and not talking in it.

Should I take from it that as aspiring / upcoming artist I should only talk the audience over twitter ? I tought maybe talking everywhere makes you seem low profile or needy.

Is it advisable to talk everywhere you find the time to or not, in terms of promo. Like should you comment on youtube videos and forums as indei artist

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess its largely because these dudes are really busy.

Its easy to switch out the phone and type a short message and have all your twitter followers see it in an eye blink.

And you probably shouldn't do the YouTube comment stuff, from my own experience and seeing other people's reactions it just pisses people off. No one got famous that way, I think promotion takes care of itself if your content is good enough, it has to make people WANNA share it themselves.

Last edited:
They're not on any other site or forums, except posting a status on facebook and not talking in it.

Should I take from it that as aspiring / upcoming artist I should only talk the audience over twitter ? I tought maybe tlaking everywhere makes you seem low profile or needy.

Is it advisable to talk everywhere you find the time to or not, in terms of promo. Like should you comment on youtube videos and forums as indei artist

That's exactly what it is. Not only that but a person with a following will cause chaos the second he responds to everyone. You have to be selective.

Can you call up Barack Obama? Donald Trump? Jay Z? and just have regular convos with them? No, these are important people with busy lives. The second they give 1 person that kind of access everyone will think they have that privilege. On top of that it gives the wrong impression.

It causes more harm than good.

Just imaging if Timbaland created an account on here and engage in conversation. It would be cool but you know how many people would come to this forum the second they found out Timbaland was answering questions? lol

Now, i am not telling you not to do it... but you can't do it all the time. There's nothing wrong with being on twitter, facebook and youtube responding and engaging in conversation you just need to know how to go about it in a way that doesn't give people control over you.

Last edited:
Funny how JD is one of the few people that get it. Kanye gets it to. But majority of celebs are the dumbest MFers on the face of the planet. Straight up!

Funny how JD is one of the few people that get it. Kanye gets it to. But majority of celebs are the dumbest MFers on the face of the planet. Straight up!

get what ?

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

the question to me that's import here is should I promo trough fake accounts on high traffic sites or upfront say it's me, the only issue is if I say it's me will it look amateurish and lwo level to directly promo your video.

I ain't talking to ya'all anymore... You can follow me on twitter.. I will prolly not follow you though... I'm busy. But follow me, you know you want to follow me...
(lol)

They say that twitter always has new tweets come in all the time. I would say that it's a great marketing strategy. Also you will see them on face book as well

Back