Why Can I Only Hear Song With Headphones?

yeayea

For some reason I can only hear the actual verse of this song through headphones?
Not through speakers or a phone.. strictly with headphones I can hear the actual verse..
If i play it through speakers I can hear the beat and 1 track of the adlibs

Does anyone have an explanation for this or can point me in the right direction?

View attachment Untitled2.mp3

Sounds like you're using some sort of stereo shaping or enhancers. I think that's why it's not playing on other speakers. It has something to do with the channels.

I can hear the verse just fine. It does sound like it has an over compensated center channel extractor. Almost like the dynamic of the vocals were changed to play from the "rear". First question, are you mixing and mastering music through headphones? I only ask because, the bass needs to be tuned or turned down. In my headphones it sounds great, but playing the track on a set of Mackies, it is cracking so hard. Second question, have you tried turning off any effect one at a time while the track is playing trough speakers? Doing that will show you which effect or vst is "moving" the vocals to a different side of the music. You said 1 track of the adlibs. Are all the vocal tracks routed through the same bus or different ones? Routing them through different buses can be beneficial and horrible at the same time. Expecially if effects or vsts are used on the master output. If I were you, I would start with turning off one effect at a time with the track playing through the speakers. I would also double check channel routing at the same time. Other, than that I can not see really any other problems that could recreate that problem.

Sounds like some stereo effect on the vocals. Shoot me the wavs and the track and I mix it for cheap whoadie.

Back