Why are raps so negative overall...

BiggRome 2.0

Can you dig it ?
I watched 10 minutes of Lock Up Raw... every prisoner rapped...

BUT! some were good.

Is rap the voice of the turmoiled?

Maybe...

I think that a large number of black men really believe that they have a chance at being a rapper. So much so that they shun hard work and education and as a result end up busting a freestyle on a reality show about inmates in a correctional facility. I bet they were talking about how hard they are, how much money they got and how many hoes they effed!! There's nothing more depressing than a 54 year old dude, with no front teeth, kickin' a freestyle.

After reading my post I realized that I didn't even come close to answering your question... I just get frustrated by the minstrel show negroes who feel like they have to bust a rhyme whenever there's a camera present.

Last edited:
A lot of rap is like that because it sells to a certain audience. I want to start rapping just because it sounds like its fun and plus it'll be cool to be able to rap and sing lol

Every other is genre is evolving as well, I'm not sure why rap is always criticized for its changing. Everything evolves. One day there will be someone far better than Lebron. We just got to either accept it and move forward or get left behind. I've listened to rap all of my life and I never got the urge to kill or act violently harm anyone.

Every other is genre is evolving as well, I'm not sure why rap is always criticized for its changing. Everything evolves. One day there will be someone far better than Lebron. We just got to either accept it and move forward or get left behind. I've listened to rap all of my life and I never got the urge to kill or act violently harm anyone.

Probably because it is evolving in the worst direction possible.

Is rap the voice of the turmoiled?

IMO raps that are negative are just a reflection of the artist's mindset at that moment. Other raps [like party or comedy style raps] may have roots in a negative place too but the artist may choose to channel his/her energy differently.

Last edited:
Back