Who should pay?

gbbart

Hi. First of all i'd like to introduce myself, I just registred on this forum. My name's Bart, I'm from Poland and I started my journey with making music around 2 years ago.
In this thread i wan't to ask you a question. Couple of days ago I was watching an interview with one of Polish beatmakers. He did one beat for Fabolous, so alot of people in Poland are hyped up and full of expectations on his upcoming album. Anyways, one of the questions during the interview was - is there gonna be any famous rap artist from USA on this album, and his answer got me a little bit upset. He said that yes, there will be one big name, but only if he's gonna pay 12 000$ for that artist to record on his beat.

What do you think about that? I personally think this is NOT how it's supposed to be. If you're beatmaker and you wan't someone to record over your beat and he want's money for that obviously your beat was not good enough to convince him. Paying someone 12.000 for something like that is really ****ed up in my opinion. What do you think?

Sorry for all the typos : [

Yeah that's pretty shit. Only collab should be a free collab

Back