Who honestly misses bringing the crates to gigs?

JSiQ

what I don't miss:
Remeber those crates...25lbs each x 6?
Trying to find space for 1 extra crate
Buying a single for $5 a record then you had to get 2 just to mix the instr. And scratch in the main verse.
the record skipping just before the chorus hit.
forgetting that crate in the car from the night before and finding out the next day some of those records are warped.
The oddyssey record bags and how you wanted one with the wheels but it cost $150?

What I do miss:
the 7 record stores I use to go to that closed down
"diggin in the crates"
talking with the record store owners
"special ordering" that record in the shop and getting that phone call that it arrived; that was the best wasn't it?
Knowing that you were one of the only ones that had that record

anyone else got any?

I DJ at a bar that I literally live right above, so it's mad convenient for me on the crate front. I bring a handful of records down, and when I begin to run out, I drop "The Message" and run upstairs to my apartment to reload on records. S'very nice.

The only thing I really miss about crates is how it separated DJs who actually DJed from people who just claimed to be a DJ. Now, anyone can bring an external hard drive to a club and call themselves a DJ. Whatever, it's not really a big deal. Vinyl cats will always seem cooler than the guys spinning 1s and 0s.

Last Thursday I did an all classic house records set. It was nice running through records, pulling out tunes, and making it work. However, I didn't like the length of songs.

Back