Which VST/Plugins For House Music?

Barrettboi93

Hey there guys and girls, I was hoping someone could help me, I've just started to try and get into producing house music about a week ago, I recently purchased FL Studio 12 Producer Edition and have watched a few tutorials on creating house melodys, and every video I've watched has has extra plugins and sounds that I don't have.. So my question is, what VSTs/Plugings would people recommend for creating all types of house music. Free or Paid doesn't matter
Hope someone can help me
Many thanks
Ricky

What genre or style you're producing in doesn't necessarily determine what plugins you should get, surely there are plugins that could be really interesting to grab if you're in a specific style or genre, for instance glitchy plugins if you're doing glitchy music like IDM or funky Dubstep etc, but generally speaking, all plugins are nothing but tools. Not to mention that you get far with stock plugins (FL has some amazing ones).
For House music, I would say that there isn't any particular plugin that you should get, as House music is pretty simple in that way compared to other genres or styles.

Anyway, if you're just starting starting out music production, you should probably wait with looking for additional plugins for now, instead focus on your craft and how to get as much out of the plugins inside FL as possible. Trust me, otherwise you'll just get confused. See what plugins FL has, and learn what you can do with them before moving on to thirdparty plugins.

Oh ok thank you for the advice, I'm just really struggling to start a house melody, can't work out the correct sounds and what to start with in the piano roll, it looks so easy on the internet but when I get round to doing it, my mind goes blank, sounds don't sound like the videos do as I'm using FLs default sounds most of the time,i just stare at the screen blankly for 4 hrs a day not actually getting anywhere ?

This does not matter. Most synths have the same controls but different layout.
There will be synths like synplant that completely ignore regular methods entirely too, so everything covers everything.

Sawtooth is ideal for biting/sharp harsh tones.
Sine is for smoother[usually] laidback tones
pulse can be modulated by it's width to create some interesting tones like tekken 3.
Triangle is a cross between a sine and sawtooth by the way it looks and sounds and is good for both soft/harsher tones and to get more complex sounds, just add and subtract whatever.

Massive, Sylenth1, Zeta+, Albino, FabFilter Twin 2, Nexus. I don't really make house so there are probably others I don't know of.

Last edited:
Back