Which unsigned rappers to work with ? An idea

iambase

@30thJune1986
Just as Venture Capitalist will pay a lot of attention to your "team" before investing, I have come to realize that you want to invest in artists who are team players. And a lot of them are not. You want an artist who gets other people on your tracks and not only his/her own verses.
People who Rap-A-Lone don't have enough people to generate traction usually. A collective of people going in the same way is really strength in numbers.

Just a little thought relative to my own little experience (only failures so far).

I have really never been picky when it comes to artist. I feel like that's always more promotion for me, even if the rapper is horrible. Then again I have came across some really talented artist as well. Not to mention with reverberation you can here how the artist sounds before hitting them up if your that picky

AFAIC, I have worked with artists that I thought quite talented.. artists with a wider network than mine, artists that I didn't think talented but who have improved little by little.

But in the end, there needs to be a machine behind pushing. A team. And some team are better than others. An artist needs a really good team of peers and producers, and quite good "PR" power besides being just an "interesting" artist all by himself.

I think it is due to the fact that each team members' network adds up "exponentially".

at the end of the day.. a producer has to latch onto a rapper who fits their style to make it.. young chop / chief keef .. cardo / johnnny juliano / sledgren = wiz khalfa.. harry fraud = french montana... this goes for many other producers also..

I agree with the strength in numbers.. I do my own thing by myself and find that after i record my songs, mix them, master them, shoot the video, edit the video, and do my graphics, i have little time to promote or push them.. :sigh: ... The only thing i dont do is make beats, I leave that to the talented people ... But i was just talking to my homie last night about this exact SAME THING.. Its best to have a team behind you... Theres just not enough time in the day to do it all by myself and work 40hours a week ..lol..

Heres a little track i did ... Spaceghostpurrp put this beat out for use, so i used it ..lol.. And i apologize for the plug...

Back