Which MIDI controller or Dual Deck DJ Mixer should I buy?

nob0dhi

Right now I just run digital dj pro throught he laptop.. it's a simple program and i would like to get some hardware. I'm mainly looking to DJ at house parties, outdoor parties with PA systems, etc. I have a laptop and use digital dj pro can use midi devices. I wan't something that's simple to mix with, has lots of features and effects.

The cheaper one's don't have many effects and extra buttons, but does it really matter if I'm just starting out? Can you mix easily and transision between tracks smoothly with the cheap midi mixers?

I'm also into breaks, some house, prog trance, minimal, psytrance, psydub... if that helps :)

Just wondering what you all think would be the wisest choice out of these (what would you do?) -

I had to post a distorted link to my blog that shows the different hardware I'm looking at because i can't post links on here---

basspaced.blogspot.com/2009/12/links-to-dj-hardware

put .html on the end of the link for ya beginners.

If there are other links or cheap hardware I am unaware of I'd love to check them out.. my budget is under 0-$200 (including shipping).

Sorry for breaking the rules by posting a link, but this is a very urgent question and this forum seems to be very populated :)

:cheers:

Last edited:
It's not really "breaking the rules" posting links - the automatic link removal thingy is mainly there so that spambots can't fill up the forum and/or people don't just register to shove their SoundClicks and MySpaces into our faces :)

Sorry, don't really know much about DJ controllers.

Right now I just run digital dj pro throught he laptop.. it's a simple program and i would like to get some hardware. I'm mainly looking to DJ at house parties, outdoor parties with PA systems, etc. I have a laptop and use digital dj pro can use midi devices. I wan't something that's simple to mix with, has lots of features and effects.

The cheaper one's don't have many effects and extra buttons, but does it really matter if I'm just starting out? Can you mix easily and transision between tracks smoothly with the cheap midi mixers?

I'm also into breaks, some house, prog trance, minimal, psytrance, psydub... if that helps :)

Just wondering what you all think would be the wisest choice out of these (what would you do?) -

I had to post a distorted link to my blog that shows the different hardware I'm looking at because i can't post links on here---

basspaced.blogspot.com/2009/12/links-to-dj-hardware

put .html on the end of the link for ya beginners.

If there are other links or cheap hardware I am unaware of I'd love to check them out.. my budget is under 0-$200 (including shipping).

Sorry for breaking the rules by posting a link, but this is a very urgent question and this forum seems to be very populated :)

:cheers:

It all depends on what you're looking to do...when you say midi device are you talking about a keyboard,control pad,synth??? Do you want to make music or just mix it? Or are you looking to simply enhance your mixes with some home made sounds? If your looking to upgrade your digital DJ set up...I would hold out till you can afford serato,a monkey can mix with it it's so simple. If your looking to make tracks, you'll need a some software (ie) reason,fruity loops,sonar,etc. and any midi controller will suffice . If you want to add some buzzers and whistles to your mixes...check out the korg kaossilator it's a badass little pocket synth for about $150.00 .:cheers:

Last edited:
Back