Which do you think are more difficult to do? Originals or Sampled beats?

DecadeZ

Originals or Samples? Which beats in your opinion are more difficult to do?
In my personal opinion, I use different programs for different "types" of beats.. some times I incorporate more then one program into one beat.. but in general.. Samples always seem more difficult for me.. probably due to the fact that I'm not a sample-based producer. What is your opinion FP Community?

Original is harder for me, with samples its fun for me trying to chop a sample make it fit like a puzzle almost. The problem with Originals is i could have an idea in my head but can't quite execute the sound i want because i cant play instruments.

it fluctuates between the two constantly for me.
some samples just work and other samples it's like you're trying to put a gorilla into a chair

@KonKoss No lie!!! Some samples prove to be extremely difficult. I am primarily original based. . But no lie Samples can be easy or difficult at times. For me samples are a lil harder because sometimes Its hard to find that perfect chop or perfect loop where a artist will still sound good over.

@Imajinari I been at it for years.. And I STILL havent quite mastered the art of sampling. It just proves difficult to me compared to a original.

samples are much harder IMO because records weren't made to be chopped up, you have to contend with drums etc. instruments/vsts you get the sound by itself.

samples are harder for me because of the timing, also guys if the sample you found is 44.1 or 48 khz you can't stretch it far but you can copy and paste that part to make it longer without making it sound like robo bitcrusher.

however since it seems like most samplers have a time limit it'd be wise to put particular chops you want to sample into a different instance of your plugin.

I find original material to be the easiest as compared to sampling. I gave up on sampling but I think it depends on the tools you have and whether you know how to use them properly.

I've spent years doing both. Neither are really difficult you just have to know what you want to do and where your strengths lie. Sampling at one point came more natural to me when I was doing it but I haven't sampled very much in 2 or 3 years and doing beats on the keys are natural now.

it depends .. original is harder but it depends on how you sample and chop it up and now people are adding voices to their beats... so if your doing all that i'd say sample but some people find a nice loop out of song and just keep looping and add drums and their done.. that kind of sampling is easy..

Back