Which computer(s) should I get?

balamuthia

I'm currently looking to upgrade my setup and I need some advice. I will be purchasing a new computer and basically I need to know how powerful I need that computer to be.

I am writing primarily for film at the moment, so I will need the ability to run a large number of software instruments simultaneously. Many of these are orchestral and very high-quality, so they take up quite a bit of RAM. Many film composers nowadays run a main computer for hosting their DAW, then a slave computer (or four) for running all of the software instruments.

My question boils down to this: how powerful should I make the main computer? I don't want to spend all my money on a blazing fast main computer if that money would be better spent on a slave computer that can handle most of the workload.

Also, I am set on using the Mac platform for my main computer. I would be open to running a PC as the slave if that is the most cost-effective option.

Any ideas or feedback would be much appreciated!

i would get only one super fast computer...believe me...it will make your life alot easier

get a i7 processor and about 8 gig rams if you're going for intel..these are my pc specs...and i have no trouble with getting a new computer or something like that...i hope i could help youu!

Back