What's up with people and Eminem?

Droppoutt

Yo.

I swear I have to be the only hip-hop fan who hates him.

Why do people give him so much credit? What makes him so good? I think he's terrible IMO.

You're not the only one, many others irrationally hate him.

If you can't understand what makes him good then explaining it will just confuse you.

You're not the only one, many others irrationally hate him.

If you can't understand what makes him good then explaining it will just confuse you.

It's not irrational.

He's just bad.

e:

I saw you have a quote from him in your sig.

I get defensive about my favorites as well.

Last edited:
Explain why he's bad and then i won't think you're being irrational.

I just don't think he's good.

I hate his voice and his flow makes me cringe.

The music overall just isn't my taste.

I also have a problem with the dudes fanbase.

"I don't like hip-hop. The only good rapper is Eminem because he like, talks about real life and stuff all the other rappers just talk about money,sex,and drugs, what's wrong with them!"

Every song I've heard by him he just talks about how he's a drug addicted psychopathic loser.

Which voice? The deeper one he uses now? The higher pitched one from earlier days? The various accents he has used?

Which music? The pop he makes now? The Hip Hop he made earlier? The horrorcore he made in relapse? The various other collaborations? Seeing as he's in the top 10 artists who have sold the most records ever that's a lot of the world you hate.

Which fanbase? The fanbase of mainly girls he has now? The earlier hardcore Hip Hoppers? The horrorcore fans in relapse?

You havn't heard many songs by him here's a couple where he doesn't mention himself being crazy or drug addicted:

I could post about 50 more seeing as he has over 300 songs released.

You're irrational and ignorant to his music ;)

Last edited:
Which voice? The deeper one he uses now? The higher pitched one from earlier days? The various accents he has used?

Which music? The pop he makes now? The Hip Hop he made earlier? The horrorcore he made in relapse? The various other collaborations? Seeing as he's in the top 10 artists who have sold the most records ever that's a lot of the world you hate.

Which fanbase? The fanbase of mainly girls he has now? The earlier hardcore Hip Hoppers? The horrorcore fans in relapse?

You havn't heard many songs by him here's a couple where he doesn't mention himself being crazy or drug addicted:

I could post about 50 more seeing as he has over 300 songs released.

You're irrational and ignorant to his music ;)

I think I've heard at least one song from each of his "eras".

Another thing I don't like is how people give him so much credit just for being white. They think it's so amazing that a white person can rap.

At the end of the day he's just another rapper.

A lot of my anger towards him also comes from the people who always associate me with him over and over again. I already didn't like his music and now everyone assumes I'm a fan because I'm white and I'm a big hip-hop fan. I've rapped before and anytime someone catches wind of it they constantly state that I'm aspiring to be Eminem Jr.

**** I hate it.

Childish, I know, but shit, there's plenty of other artists you could have assumed I'm a fan of and it had to be the one I dislike the most.

e:

Second video is broke.

Last edited:
Another thing I don't like is how people give him so much credit just for being white. They think it's so amazing that a white person can rap.

Aaaaand we've found out why you irrationally hate him. If you hate people who give him too much credit for being white, you're a hypocrite because you hate him for being white. It's the same racial shit.

He's not bad and he's not the best. I could break down his rhyme schemes flows and everything else to prove he has skills but i'm sure you already know. Music is subjective, calling someones music terrible because you hate their fans, their skin colour, the comparison to you, others assumptions, etc misses the point entirely and you're not basing your opinion on their music.

That one song i linked i personally like because it's at the start of everything for him. It encapsulates the feeling of being broke and tired perfectly and i can relate to it a lot at the moment, the flow matches the music well, the rhyme scheme is decent but not his best.

Aaaaand we've found out why you irrationally hate him. If you hate people who give him too much credit for being white, you're a hypocrite because you hate him for being white. It's the same racial shit.

He's not bad and he's not the best. I could break down his rhyme schemes flows and everything else to prove he has skills but i'm sure you already know. Music is subjective, calling someones music terrible because you hate their fans, their skin colour, the comparison to you, others assumptions, etc misses the point entirely and you're not basing your opinion on their music.

That one song i linked i personally like because it's at the start of everything for him. It encapsulates the feeling of being broke and tired perfectly and i can relate to it a lot at the moment, the flow matches the music well, the rhyme scheme is decent but not his best.

I don't hate him for being white. It just doesn't matter that he's white and people think it's a spectacle.

There's plenty of white rappers (why do people bother calling someone who isn't a black male rapper anything other than a rapper?) that I listen to.

Evidence,Aesop Rock,Eyedea,Atmosphere(I know it's a group),etc are all good.

I've listened to his music and I just don't like it. What I said in that post was just additional information on why I have a lot of anger geared towards him.

Last edited:
i think he's become mostly wack but at one point (first 3 albums) he was the best in the game.

This...absolutely truth

In the beginning he had the world by a string because he was different than what else was out there, his flow, his subject matter, the self depreciating style (in a world of braggadocio) all came together and formed a great combination. He still had battle skills showing through.

As time went on he got slack and each successive album became more and more detached from his core fanbase until you have this shell of what he once was trying to score and yet another pop hit.

I'll be honest and say I heard a little bit from Infinite and didn't think it was to bad.

But anything after that I just couldn't stand.

I'll be honest and say I heard a little bit from Infinite and didn't think it was to bad.

But anything after that I just couldn't stand.

That's what i mean though. So many different things he's done you can't blanket all his music under one thing and say you hate it. I get it, you hate him for being constantly compared to him and people assuming you like his music. I would just take that as a compliment though considering what he's achieved. If people just assume you like him because your white then tell them to stop being racist and hate them, not him.

This...absolutely truth

In the beginning he had the world by a string because he was different than what else was out there, his flow, his subject matter, the self depreciating style (in a world of braggadocio) all came together and formed a great combination. He still had battle skills showing through.

As time went on he got slack and each successive album became more and more detached from his core fanbase until you have this shell of what he once was trying to score and yet another pop hit.

It's pretty sad actually he says in multiple interviews he doesn't remember even writing or performing half of his old stuff. The drugs completely knocked out most of his memories. He's skills still there but his attitudes have changed towards everything.

That's what i mean though. So many different things he's done you can't blanket all his music under one thing and say you hate it. I get it, you hate him for being constantly compared to him and people assuming you like his music. I would just take that as a compliment though considering what he's achieved. If people just assume you like him because your white then tell them to stop being racist and hate them, not him.

I was expecting that to be said at some point, lmao.

I will say I may have seem to misdirected my frustrations at him but what it all boils down to is that I just don't like the music and what he indirectly created, the poster child for "white" rappers and "white" hip-hop fans.

This thread didn't turn out how I wanted it to but I made it because I can't find a single thread anywhere about disliking most of his music. You only find people not liking the new stuff.

I think Eminem's music stinks. Yes, he is a talented, skilled practicioner of the craft of rapping--there is no debate there. But I can name many emcees of Em's caliber or greater that have the same issues he does---making sh1tty music. His production is as cornball as it comes. His topics are lame as hell (how many variations of "I'm a white drug addicted emotional wreck with mommy issues who's down with Dre *Cue pop singer hook*)
Em never even owned his lane-really. If I want raw emotional content-DMX, if I want clever linguistic gymnastics-Canibus, if I want to hear some dirtball whine about his drug addiction-'95-'05 Cage. If I want offensive humor-Necro and some Action Bronson. If you like Em-fine. I don't like his music at all save for a few Rawkus and Outsidaz joints, but the rest of his output is ass, but that's my opinion. Don't like my opinion? Here's a straw:
pink-drinking-straw-psd92855.png

You know what you can do with it.

Last edited:
I think Eminem's personality sells his lyrics to a point people feel he should be great and everyone should without a doubt feel the same way they feel about him lyrically. His personality sells himself to fans so much that they over look others who are lyrical and others who can't stand his personality. I don't hate Eminem...I understand who he targets.....I don't like his fans who over exaggerate....and I also don't like the people who hate Em to a point they over exaggerate. Both of yall gave Em TOO MUCH POWER.

Me.......what I think of Eminem? Sorry....my first impression sticks with me more than the couple of songs I like. And that is all of his commercial stuff....which is all comedy.....stuff that is not funny to me.

Don't worry, I also don't like people who juggle things to. I don't want to see no one get hurt...but it's like they are asking me to hope they will cut their arm off when they are juggling chain saws....it's far from a fascination of the skill they possess. I want to see blood shed. Or a person 3 stories high walking a tight rope.....I don't care about the skill and balance of the person walking.....I want to see that person fall....into the pit of alligators...I mean the alligators are there for a reason..righ?. Stick your head in a lions mouth...I don't care about your training, and your skill, or how you had the lion tamed to do little tricks. That doesn't entertain me......But now you got your head in the lions mouth......it's time for some action now......BITE HIS HEAD OFF!!!

Last edited:
He WAS ****ing dope. Still make some dope tracks from time to time, like Bad Guy.

I seen many people hate him with passion, so its not only you

I don't understand threads like this one. What am I supposed to defend Eminem's case for him? If everything he's accomplished with his career isn't enough to phase you then this insignificant reply to your insignificant debate surely won't. I don't go around broadcasting when I don't like an artist, that would make me a hater. And if your a hater you might as well throw yourself in the same category as a dedicated fan cause you're just generating a buzz for him by posting such a stupid argument. You're the type of hater Eminem confronts and raps about in his songs, and that is what makes him stand out among thousands of forgettable rappers that bring nothing new to the table.

Not to bash you but every rap forum I go to seems to have a thread like this on the front page. I'm not a big fan of Lil Wayne but I don't publicly question everybody else's interest in him. His smartass fans would just disagree and insult me? Don't get it twisted you're not changing anyone's opinion any time soon regarding Eminem.

Last edited:
Back