What style of Turntables do you prefer or recommend?

Do you already have records? Do you enjoy hanging in dusty, cramped stores getting your fingers filthy digging for records aimlessly? Vinyl is kind of a lifestyle in itself.

Mp3s are cool, though. You have a lot more music available to you for a lot less money and weight.

It depends on what you want to do with them.

Maybe I should have explained that before, LOL, sorry

So basically here it is. I have been creating my own beats n stuff and now I would like to branch out to DJ'ing as well. My genre of music is House/Dance. I currently use Live 7 and I want to DJ as well as use my own stuff.

Seem like Non Vinly are the way to go...

I am able to get my hands on a pair of NuMark CDX's for $550 (CDN). Any idea's on this? Good deal...good set to learn and progress off of...even perhaps do gigs with them?

I played house for about 8 yrs. From my experience a set of Pioneer CDJ-200's will server you just fine. Don't buy the Numark crap.

Do the House DJs still use a lot of Turntables? I would have figured they'd moved on. I feel like all I ever see are computers and rackmount stuff, but then I don't go to many dance clubs. I mostly just see pictures of the big names in music magazines.

If your into electronic music, I would recommend either CDJs or even a MIDI controller for a DVS like Traktor or Torq. If you prefer vinyl, you can use turntables with the stated programs above and some other ones as well.

I prefer Technics turntables, it is all I owned throughout my years DJing. Stanton makes some very solid turntables (t120 and 150 St8150) as well as Vestax. The Numarks I've used and encountered were pretty poor performance and quality wise.

It comes down to a personal choice. The all have ups and downs.

Maybe I should have explained that before, LOL, sorry

So basically here it is. I have been creating my own beats n stuff and now I would like to branch out to DJ'ing as well. My genre of music is House/Dance. I currently use Live 7 and I want to DJ as well as use my own stuff.

Seem like Non Vinly are the way to go...

I am able to get my hands on a pair of NuMark CDX's for $550 (CDN). Any idea's on this? Good deal...good set to learn and progress off of...even perhaps do gigs with them?

if you're going digital..f the turntable completely. you have ableton...dj with it.

save that $$$ and buy an apc.

~fin~

If your into electronic music, I would recommend either CDJs or even a MIDI controller for a DVS like Traktor or Torq. If you prefer vinyl, you can use turntables with the stated programs above and some other ones as well.

I'm into electro,not the house stuff but the bass..turntables & records are the way 2 go for me just like the Egyptian Lover.:cool:

Last edited:

The CDX's are notorious for having issues with them. Not worth it in my opinion. Some Pio CDJ-200s or even 400s used would be a better investment.

Back