What Sound Kit/Drum Kit Is A Good Choice?

I've been searching the net for some up-to-date sound/drum kits to expand my production library, but there is so many out there to choose from. I've narrowed my website list down to freedrumkits.net & beat-production.com. Both seem to have a safe, quality selection, but there's still quite a few to choose from & I'm not sure which particular kits to download. Should I go for the kits made by producers (i.e. Young Chop Drum Kit), or a kit categorized by the name of an artist (i.e. Wiz Khalifa Drum Kit). Or will a kit with a generalized title do? (i.e. Old School Drum Kit).

Why don't you get them all, and chood what's worth keeping, based on what you're listening? I believe it's the best option.

Yea Boi1da's drum kits is a great choice, and free too.

Other than that you can try some of the Istandard drum kits.

Cardiak Flatline Vol 1 and 2 is great too, i like the first one the most.

Why don't you get a program like Drum Lab from Native Instruments and sculpt your own? It would give you more versatility, plus it already has a number of midi grooves included in it. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

listen to the demo of a drum kit and pick and choose which ones have dope sounds to you.. and buy it.. pretty simple

You should learn how to operate a synth, that way you will have a great drumkit every time.
I own a Korg MS2000Br which has a fantasic engine and is very flexible. But I also use my Roland TD6v module a lot, it has the best drumsamples around and is also very flexible if you learn how to use it.
There are two downsides on the tools I use though, I need a interface to record them, which generates some kind of noise into the sample and, last but not least, they cost a lot of money.
But the fun still is worth the price, I will never get give those 2 fine pieces of hardware up.

Just be careful when it comes to kits that say, Young Chop Drum Kit or a Wiz Khalifa Drum Kit. I bought like 1 or 2 kits that said Young Chop Drum Kit that ended up being are recycled Lex luger drums that were recycled from probably a free drum kit I could have found online free. As for sound your going to have to go the VST Route. NEXUS, Sylenth1, Omnisphere, kontakt those are just the basics, and that Boi1da's drum kits everyone talking about is fire as well.

Back