What so special bout u?

rafztar

There are thousands of new hip hop tracks being uploaded online every week.

Its like every Tom, Dick and Slim Joe is releasing a new "HOT" track.

But whats make 50 Cent different from 'Mr Broke', what makes Eminem different from 'Dr Iceless'

Is it 'who you know'?

Is it just luck?

Is it your determination and ambition?

Last edited:
Artists that are original are "special" 99% of these fools are just ripping off someone else and they don't have the slightest idea what makes something hot.

I can only speculate on what makes an artist stand out, but I think it is the ability to get loyal fans who support you and your music. The goal is to make songs that people want to buy/download/request from radio stations and to create a persona. Eminem is bigger than Marshall Mathers and 50 Cent is bigger than Curtis Jackson.

Most people make music but don't have the drive to get it where they want to be because they want other things than to make it in the industry. What I believe is that it really is about hard work, people skills, being in the right place at the right time and luck. I know people skills sounds like an odd one but people have to like you in this business. This is why Eminem can come back after not rapping a single bar after like 6 years and still sell. Because people like Eminem. Its also the reason why Detox will flop if it ever comes out. People liked Dr. Dre but the current musical audience doesn't know Dr. Dre by anything they can relate to other than name and its only going to get worse every year that he delays the release.

I would question the validity of "success" that many claim to have achieved. Unless we get to see financial statements...I don't believe it. Its very easy to APPEAR to be what poor/middle class folk would call successful. The financials do not lie. Debt(car's, homes, jewelry) is making many "famous" people we know...very broke and nothing to aspire to. Fu#k Fame. Keep track of your own financials...diversify and build businesses on the side. You'll bypass music income in no time. You'll own the club where the FAMOUS but broke artist in your city hangs out at.

Fame is actually EASY to get. The key is PERSISTENCE..that's it. You can suck balls at what you do but eventually..overtime..you will be accepted into the fray as someone with experience. I cite Lil B whenever an I'm discussing marketing with a new artist. That guy has a new video out damn near every 3-4 days or at minimum once a week...that's HUSTLE. Same for the top artist in my city. He does booty/gangster music that the local crowd eats up and he's content with the $200,000 a year they pay for his shows and merchandising. He's been at it for 10 years and absorbs new fans daily. He drops mixtape after mixtape...no albums in 10 years.

There is no knockout blow. You have to stay serving up new products and picking up new..paying fans. Thank god its the digi/internet era. Now you can release songs/merchandise whenever you want as often as you want...who's ready to get in the trenches to hustle for it?

Last edited:
Back