What should I start with (hardware)

Hey everyone!
I am brand new to the electronic music thing, and i was wondering what hardware i should start with,
im fairly ok when it comes to daws and i know the basics in working with them but i really want to start producing with hardware.
First off let me tell you what genre of music I want to produce, I really want to produce house, progressive house, glitch , and trap.

So my Main question is
Midi Key board
turntable(computer based)
or Pad (launchpad/push/maschine)

Which one should i start with (and what do you recommend)

Im sorry if this is really repetitive but i dont want to impulse buy and get the wrong thing as i have NO EXPERIENCE of these things

thanks
Josh

stay from akai unless you like the hard sensitivity.(got used to it and like it myself)
korg padkontrol(retardedly smooth, pinkies can trigger, almost as sensitive as touchscreen)
native instruments.(have not tried maschine, some say they're smooth too)
demo pads at a store if possible.
how many keys on a piano you goin for?
this will matter a lot depending on whatever you're doing.

Hey everyone!
I am brand new to the electronic music thing, and i was wondering what hardware i should start with,
im fairly ok when it comes to daws and i know the basics in working with them but i really want to start producing with hardware.
First off let me tell you what genre of music I want to produce, I really want to produce house, progressive house, glitch , and trap.

So my Main question is
Midi Key board

Im sorry if this is really repetitive but i dont want to impulse buy and get the wrong thing as i have NO EXPERIENCE of these things

thanks
Josh

What are you currently working with right now? Starting from scratch I'd recommend a used Maschine Micro MKii. You get a controller and sequencing software at a killer price, just saw this going for $150. You can learn the system and grow into a larger maschine when the time comes.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

So my Main question is
Midi Key board

thanks
Josh

for starting out, you should use maschine mk2 .....i own a mikro and i wish i brought the mk2 now because i learned the hardware so fast.....whth the maschine hardware, you will still need the software, that's the only way you can make a beat...but if you just want the hardware, get a mpc....hope you have fun

get a keyboard.. preferably an maudio keyrig 49 .. some mixing headphones.. and monitor speakers.. that's all you really need

Back