What makes a great techno producer?

Audiosy

Morning all, cutting a very long story short, I'm not expecting to become a professional techno producer anytime soon, and to me I'm what seems a mile off of being successful. However I would in my lifetime hopefully be good enough to get some music released (Lifetime music goal alert). But was wondering what makes a good techno or indeed edm music producer? Is it what you know? or who you know? Or a mixture of both! Should a person who wishes to be classed as a good producer concentrate on putting together a few decent tracks or start putting together an album etc etc.

Bit of a weird question but I thought I'd put it out there anyway.

Thankyou Chaps

Having a good network surely will help, but not everybody's willing to invest in that.
And I believe that in the end, if you make really good music and try to promote it by posting it on social media, telling your friends etc., you will be ''discovered'' for sure.

And if you truly believe your own work should be released and you have some spare cash, you could always start a label yourself! :)

I'd try to focus on having fun though making music, that is most important after all.

You need both incredible music, to know people and also to have luck... no-one ever said it was going to be easy

Last edited:
Back