What is the difference between the triton pro vs the other tritons?

dmajor100

Back when I was a teen I owned the triton studio board and love that thing o death but broken keys and other things made me sell it. Now im being offered a tritonpro 76 key for a trade for my mpc 4000 which im not using. What are the are the main upgrades from the studio and is the extreme better. I was actually wanting the extreme but if the pro is the same but with out the sd card then its okay casue of the 76 keys.

I'm pretty sure the "Pro" is just the original ("Classic") with 76 keys instead of 61. So it's not quite the same, as Extreme is the last-in-line model with pretty much all the sounds from the previous models.

Okay thanks I just cant rememver if the sounds werr good or not espically compared to a motif xs which I have and love, espically its grand piano. I just dnt know I really want a fantom x6 again cause the synths were a huge selection for me which I loved. planning on switching out the 4000 for the new mpc rennassance and have the hardware and software thing going.

Haven't really used either, so can't say anything about the sounds...but of course, the original Triton is getting pretty old, having come out already in 1999 (the Motif XS is from 2007). Still, the Triton sounds were always quite useable, long after it ceased to be state-of-the-art.

Sounds like you'd be doubling up broham... unless you specifically love & know u need that board which doesn't seem like the case. If I were in ur shoes id probably seek for a better trade, or sell the MPC to get the Rennassance if u definitely want that. Triton sounds like it will probably go right back on the shelf lol.

Back