What is the best DJ software for fully customizable autoplay/automix?

Larry G

Hi everyone,

I'm currently using Virtual DJ 6 for Windows. It has a customizable autoplay function, but fades in and out of each song as it crossfades (one of the options). Is there another DJ program that can customize this a bit further, such as when a new song starts, have it as full volume? Or customizable cue points. (Probably missing a setting in VDJ).

I'm not a professional DJ, I mostly like having a playlist to listen to like my own private radio station, I know it sounds much better doing it manually deck to to deck as it's much more customizable.

But wondering, as I said, if there were programs where you could tweak this setting a bit more than VDJ.

Thanks.

Yes, I know, but as I said in my post, I like to use the program, just for ambiance, listening to music, without having to do it myself, not really for DJing purposes, although it is something I enjoy, maybe I should look into it for a career. I suppose I could mix it myself and make a single mix mp3 of that, but that seems like a lot of trouble.

But anyway, so as I said: any advice on which program has the best autoplay/mixing customization options?

This is a f'in ridiculous post man.. I doubt that what you're saying this is for is true but whatever.

For me, there's only one way to mix and that's on my 1200's... You should try to learn a DAW like FL Studio or Mix Meister and just arrange your mixtape the way you want it.

Im pretty sure virtual DJ Pro has much more functionaility with regards the auto mixing

if you just want autoplay like a radio station and not so much mixing then try zara radio, it brings in the next song at the end when the volume goes below a certain volume. you can set it to play through, repeat or play random tracks and its fairly easy to use.

Use Pandora.

Or just create a playlist with Windows Media Player or WinAmp. I'm pretty sure they have crossfades. Burn there is no such software that will auto-awesome your mix.

It is only fair that I do mention Traktor has a Cruise mode. I'm pretty sure every program has a similar feature.

Back