What is "Ghetto Tech" and why is it here???

so ya wanna be enlightened eh?....

....Ghetto-tech was invented basically by a man aptly named DJ Assualt in Detroit. He was a DJ for a strip club and needed music that had a fast beat and bassy to help the strippers dance and thus undress to....he upped the tempo on his records and started makinghis own fast as f**k tunes and it was dubbed Ghetto-Tech....its distinction as of right now is blazing fast bassy beats per minute and raunchy, dirty, nasty lyrics....although its progression it will be based on speed alone....also its slightly minimal....other founders of the genre include DJ Godfathe, Disco D and Mr DE....mot notably its recognized by squeeky vocals as many standard house and freestyle beats are pumped up to 200-250 bpm during getto-tech mixes....its not recognized as a stand alone genre by many yet and is usually filed under techno/freestyle/house and even rap....oh and by the way....it NEEDS to be played on a HUGE sound system....even 500 watts wont cut it....

Hmm..

200-250 BPM seems kinda fast. Most Ghetto tunes I hear are right around 150BPMs, up to 170 sometimes.

Also, although you done learned me about the origins of Ghetto, you didn't mention a few key players..

DJ Funk produces TONS of ghetto house. All of his 'Ghetto House' releases are classics, and most contain hilarious explicit lyrics. One of my favorites:

""
All my hos out west, stick my dikc in your chest..
All my hos down south, put my balls in your mouth..
All my hos out east, stick my dikc between your teeth..
All my hos up north, make you suck it back and forth.
""

Other one liners that were instant classics include:
'let me see your booty'

Shitt, can't remember any more.. but there are tons.

Frankie Bones is another classic ghetto producer. He has 15 or so EPs running on his Ghetto Technics label, every EP taking that same name. In my opinion, Bones' ghetto can't touch Funk's, but it's good as filler material.

DJ Rush does some ghetto tech//ghetto house as well, mostly under his Russian Roulette Moniker. He made some dirty beats, put out 4 or 5 EPs last year under that name.

Werd.

true true....

....maybe im just listening to the ghettoist of ghetto-tech....ha ha ha....er yeah....but bluntly ghetto-tech is just wack fast beats....

I was just listening to some DJ Funk on Napster; It does seem kinda fast for floor dancing, BUT I can picture some big booty chick on stage hanging onto a pole !

Not that I've seen that kinda stuff, I just read about it .;)

Damn, I'm outta singles!:D

Later.

Back