What cable for condenser mic to Audio interface?

tomanee

Hey, I've heard that condenser microphone has to be plugged with Stereo XLR - JACK cable as mono cables does not transfer the phantom +48V energy. Is that right?

I'm quite new myself to this, but i just bought an USB audio interface myself a week ago ( Steinberg CI1 ) and it powers my microphone perfectly.
all i'm using is a yellow microphone cable attached to my Interface and that's it.

I guess it should work the same for you too.

haha, so I should buy a 'yellow' microphone cable? :P

I need to know if your JACK plug in the cable is stereo or mono. Could you check maybe please?

thanks in advance

haha, so I should buy a 'yellow' microphone cable? :P

I need to know if your JACK plug in the cable is stereo or mono. Could you check maybe please?

thanks in advance

it's stereo, however when i do recordings i'm always using mono.
don't ask me why, i just got told to do so.

I still have alot to learn sigh.

thanks, as I thought.

Speaking of the stereo cable, the point is that the voice is in fact recorded in mono but it's split into to mono channels one - normal and 2nd is a little bit different (dont ask me how). It's done to make the sound better as at the end the hardware is summing those two signals and making one mono.

thanks, as I thought.

Speaking of the stereo cable, the point is that the voice is in fact recorded in mono but it's split into to mono channels one - normal and 2nd is a little bit different (dont ask me how). It's done to make the sound better as at the end the hardware is summing those two signals and making one mono.

Thanks mate!
really appreciated!

Back