What are your thoughts on this????

D

DOGGYSTYLE_5000

2 Chainz Subtly Proves 'I'm Different' in No-Nonsense 'Kimmel' Performance | SPIN | Newswire | TV

[h=1]'Kimmel' Performance[/h] December 18 2012, 11:37 AM ET
by Marc Hogan
Email

Tumblr

'Based on a T.R.U. Story' slow-roller gets crowd hyped
It's not always easy to get a clear view of 2 Chainz during his appearance last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live!. The studio audience has too many hands waving in the air. The recently ubiquitous Atlanta rapper performed "I'm Different," which SPIN's Nick Murray, in a review of the former Tity Boi's freshly gold-certified 2012 album Based on a T.R.U. Story, explains by saying, "That difference has something to do with thousand-dollar sneakers, hundred-thousand-dollar guest verses and cars with missing ceilings." Which is true, but those foreboding keyboard plinks and crisp 808 thwacks, courtesty of producer Dijon "DJ Mustard" McFarlane, also owe to the "ratchet" sound, as our own Christopher R. Weingarten noted. But that's just 2 Chainz slotting into a bigger trend. When it comes to that Kimmel performance itself, what's so different? Look at that joyful crowd again. Observe 2 Chainz's easy rapport with them — "swagger" is past its expiration date, but it certainly applies. The most crucial differences aren't always the obvious ones. Doesn't make 'em necessarily any less real.
^^ the writer of the article was being sarcastic right??

Hope so

Shit does nothing for me

crowd chants ''me and broke people don't get along''

the ppl in the audience is what 2 chainz considers broke, lmao stupid azz ppl

Last edited:
I like that beat.. to be honest, i would make a beat kinda like that every now and then. They took it, cleaned it up nice and did something big with it. good shit. but i hear it on the commercial play for like 15 seconds and gets loud at the end, thats all i need I HEARD IT. lol i was feelin' it i aint gonna lie. I think everybody makes piano plink beats once or twice at least am I right?

I'm surprised by how low ppl's standards nowadays are

this is what i consider a dope, simple piano beat

feel what your sayin though, i dont like alot of that Hey Look At Me I'm Rich type shit. but the beat was catchy as hell maybee even more catchy than the lyriks themself. It's not something i go and buy for my personal listening but its iight when i hear it. i hate the hook though.

that boss life is an example of what resources and access can do for folks.

if you like boss life, you should listen to the original track Busta Rhymes did over that Nottz beat.

both are good, but it really makes you think...

Lol. my speakers worth 1k and i got a car with a ceiling missing.

I'm putting his success down to the plethora of guest verses up on this track.

Never liked 2Chainz or any of his production, just doesnt do anything for me, but hell if people wanna party to that shit, go ahead.
No wonder the hiphop scene is dying off over here, In a choice between commercial house/dance, commercial dubstep or commercial hiphop, hip hop loses.

Though I saw Vinnie Paz and Pharoah Monch on tour just before Xmas, that was my concert of the year; big bass, hard lyrical tracks and a tribute to Nate D.O.G.G just to make it perfect night.

2 chainz is that mutha****in nigga, i dont care what none yall say

Back