Warping acapellas ableton Live 9 for making remixes?

LM1994

Hi guys was just wondering if anyone had a set way in which they warp acapellas in ableton live to get them ready for remixes.

For example i would like to make a 128bpm progressive house style remix using a acapella of a song which is around the 90bpm mark
it seems i can get the flow of the acapella right at the start after setting the 1.1.1 warp mark at the begging of the acapella however then the
acapella starts to go out of rhythm anyone got any ideas cheers.

Hi

This is the way I do it.

You need to listen to the vocal and work out how you'd like it so sound for that track. Ie which word on which beat.

First of all I'd set the warp type to complex as this gives much better results than beat.

You can then place markers at the top of the clip by double clicking the line at the top. Then you can drag and change certain timings of the vocal.

I normally place a warp marker either side of the word in a vocal and play the section of track on loop and move the markers for a word in that vocal until it fits. Remember that too much warping will result in a time stretching sound and also moving some markers affect the vocal timing later on in the clip.

I use the warp marked as sort of speech marks.

I've found as well that you spend loads of time on timing and forget about pitch.

I hope that makes sense.

Back