Wait...So Can We Talk About J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League Real Quick?

I feel like I hear their name far less than what should be the case.Their shit is top of the crop. Very few producers are ****ing with thier sound.
They've been putting in work for a minute and keep evolving and getting better and better. I was bumping God Forgives, I Don't and their 3 tracks are easily the highlights. Their tracks are always the highlights on Rick Ross's albums. They're so grand, so lush, and so well put together it's crazy.
The way "Maybach Music IV" morphs into "Sixteen" is just butter.

They're not all in video's and all that but if you look at credits for most people you've heard of, they have production credits. They've done a gang of stuff you may not know because they don't have a typical "signature sound" they can do all types of records. They just have the name drop to let you know it's their track.

Last edited:
they do have a signature sound, theyre just capable of doing other shit too

How do they have a signature sound? Because they have a rising gate in the beginning of their beats? I bet you couldn't tell a Justice League track from The Inkredibles.

not a fan, i think they make beats for producers and industry folks to gush over.

i think a lot of their records are overproduced, they dont sound like good songs, they sound like good live arrangements though, like something i'd wanna see at a live show, but not wanna hear on the record. Hence why they dont have only 1 or 2 hit records.. and the hit records they have are all simple as **** (Aston Martin Music, She Got It)

they're album cut cats to me, and nothing wrong with that, i just prefer simpler stuff

not a fan, i think they make beats for producers and industry folks to gush over.

i think a lot of their records are overproduced, they dont sound like good songs, they sound like good live arrangements though, like something i'd wanna see at a live show, but not wanna hear on the record. Hence why they dont have only 1 or 2 hit records.. and the hit records they have are all simple as **** (Aston Martin Music, She Got It)

they're album cut cats to me, and nothing wrong with that, i just prefer simpler stuff

correction they make songs for chicks to gush over too lol. I hear more chicks liking their music than dudes. Their music is a great change of pace music, couldn't listen to a whole album filled with their beats though.
If I did I'd be walking in slow motion for a week thinking I'm about to hop in some expensive car

JL does have a signature sound, its that live drum heavy use of orchestra stuff they do. ANd like has been stated their sound is good in spurts nothing I'd want to hear over and over again. Although I did **** with aston martin music, I thought they struck gold with that and should stick to doing similar stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

And I thought Pirates was the best beat on the album so Cardiak ftw imo

Maybe I can't separate my producer side from my consumer side...I love their shit. It's always excellent arrangement, sonic quality, everything. I know some of their stuff is too "complex" for the mainstream consumer (Maybach IV) but I love that sh*t even more.

To me, their best "radio" type hits are tracks like Body to Body, Aston Martin, etc)..

Anyone know what Maybach Music IV samples? One thing that's wack about buying MP3s is that you don't get the album credits you used to with normal cd's. Now I don't know what was sampled, the musicians on a song, all types of info that used to be standard with the booklet

correction they make songs for chicks to gush over too lol. I hear more chicks liking their music than dudes. Their music is a great change of pace music, couldn't listen to a whole album filled with their beats though.
If I did I'd be walking in slow motion for a week thinking I'm about to hop in some expensive car

lol i never heard a woman gush over their shit outside of aston martin music

I've never heard this view point but personally have to disagree. I'll take a Justice League track over anything I hear popular now. All these simple ass borderline techno beats disgust the hell out of me.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

JL does have a signature sound, its that live drum heavy use of orchestra stuff they do. ANd like has been stated their sound is good in spurts nothing I'd want to hear over and over again. Although I did **** with aston martin music, I thought they struck gold with that and should stick to doing similar stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Just Blaze has been doing that for a long time. They even took the Gate Idea from Just Blaze.

JL and Canei Finch are my favorite producers.

Even as a JL stan, I can admit that they overproduce A LOT.

And what makes it worse, is how people dick ride them on twitter, every time one of their beats are released. "No Introduction" is a well arranged beat. . .but the song is horrible lol. It seriously sounds like a failed Dj Khalil dick ride lol. I was so mad when I heard "Maybach Music 3" because it was too hyped up and that shit wasn't even that hot lol

I think they are comfortable with where they are, I don't see them complaining about it. They are getting album cuts. . .that's better than these cats getting mixtape placements. Hell they got a Grammy in their first two years in the game. . .They can STILL brag off that lol. It's producers more successful than them, and put out more singles that don't even have that bragging right. *cough* Lex Luger *cough cough* T-Minus lol jk

In my opinion JL has raised the bar for production standard in hip hop. Not taking away from any other producers or production styles in the game but adding a different element and style that is clearly a plus for hip hop in general. Like them or not you have to respect the quality of the musical arrangements that they come up with. I like grimey beats, trap beats, slow beats, fast beats, south beats, north beats and now JL beats. I think its time they were mentioned within the upper echelon of producers across any genre.

I like their beats like Luxury Tax, Maybach Music 1, and Bury Me a G beats better. When I need my super instrumentation fix I usually got to Progressive Death Metal or Black Gospel. Black churches been making Maybach Musics weekly for the last 40-50 years.

I agree with a lot of the stuff, sometimes I feel like they dont sit there and ask themselves "whats going to make this record better?" its more of "what can we add to make it more complicated?" lol.

I agree with the posters on here sayin some of their work is over produced. I know it may seem trivial and small but sometimes a plain simple beat is 10x more catchy that some orchestra masterpiece, sometimes you wanna keep it simple so you can hum the bassline and rock your head to. Taking nothing away from JL though there great producers and are very talented.

I think a lot of their stuff is overproduced & I agree with the trying to impress producers comment, but I did like Sixteen, didn't notice they produced that as I listened, but that's one of my favorites from the album along with the Pharrell joint & the Usher joint

Cardiak didnt make the pirates beat and I agree with JL overproducing tracks like Maybach 4. I liked Luxery Tax and the first Maybach Music though.

i dont understand how yall can say alot of their stuff is overproduced. because to be honest, their most complex tracks are NOTORIOUSLY from the maybach music series. with 1 and 2 being great sample chops, they were nowhere near complex. but 3 was the live instrument remake/sample and it got complex. HOWEVER how can u say 3 was overproduced? it was still basically two 4bar loops switching back and forth up until ross' verse where the beat changed and got darker which was sick. NOW! maybach music 4 imo is overproduced. To me it sounds like 3 different songs mushed into 1. The switches werent as clean as they could be, nor even related as a beat change should be. But to say ALOT of their work is overdone? nah. If you believe that, then you must like beats to sound more like Nicki Minaj's - Beez in the trap. But then again that IS the problem with todays music isnt it? Everyone is on that "genius in its simplicity" shit, which is really a coverup for i dont wanna produce a track, i wanna make a catchy beat in 20 minutes.

man i thought i was the only canei stan around here lol

most slept on producer around

Canei Finch Stans. . .UNITE! Dude is the coldest. JL Needs to take notes, because he can overproduce and still keep it simplistic lol. I know that doesn't make sense but it does when you hear his music. He plays keys, and he can go in with out going overboard.

Dude can make a simple "rachet" type beat with a I - IV - V - I chord progression and that shit will be dope as hell lol.

Last edited:
Back