W8 Developers Preview Downloads x64, x32

keepinitreal

The Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers. These downloads include prerelease software that may change without notice. The software is provided as is, and you bear the risk of using it. It may not be stable, operate correctly or work the way the final version of the software will. It should not be used in a production environment. The features and functionality in the prerelease software may not appear in the final version. Some product features and functionality may require advanced or additional hardware, or installation of other software.

Windows 8 Preview Downloads

I'm typing this on the Windows 8 Preview. I was really excited and looking forward to this but so far, I'm not really impressed. I was hoping that Windows would really overhaul the look of the basic Windows desktop but it looks almost identical to Windows 7, and seems to be the same under the hood as well. The issues with letter fonts hasn't been touched. It's not smooth or fast. It's just standard Windows with the exception of the Metro UI which replaces the start menu and handles the "apps". When you browse the explorer or use a regular program, you're basically just using Windows 7. Apparently though a lot of things are missing from this pre-beta preview, but I do hope they change how programs are arranged in the start menu. It's totally illogical and hard to read. I installed Adobe Creative Suite 5 and the start menu became an absolute total mess of boxes that all look identical except for a tiny icon in the corner of each box. I'm having to read what it says to identify a program. So, so far, not very good.

Back