(Video) Young producer claims Rick Ross stole his beat for 'Amsterdam' ...

crazybeatz

Young Floridian producer Twisted Edge claims Rick Ross (MMG)'s people, stole his beat that he submited to them. He thinks his people had an in-house producer (Cardiak) remake the beat, using the same sample. We probably will never know the truth, but be the judge for yourself. Do you think this is a coincidence, or a case of beat theft?

****ing idiot lmao

sends someone a beat for free and then gets mad when he uses it

bet email was like: yo rick, pleeease get on my beat man, its dope, i swear

then he uses it, yo, where's my money dude

keep in mind dude have no contract what so ever

I feel his pain. I've submitted beats to cats in the past only for them to use the SAME samples I used, from the SAME parts of the original tracks, in ALMOST the SAME manner, and to really add insult to injury, their tracks titles where NEARLY IDENTICAL to mine! Lol, shxt happens though, live by the sword, die by the sword. If you sample you really can't be made when things like this happen or when people get 'influenced' by your track to make a track for the artist you intended to get your beat on. Its a cold world, getcha paper work up. At the very least, if you cain't copyright your sampled track, copyright any additional instruments and drum patterns you played over and under it so if someone makes a DIRECT steal, you atleast have a leg to stand on

Last edited:
It's probably true. What can you do? they have money and you dont. Well you probably do but not they typa money they do u know?

Just the risk you take with samples, playing them for anybody puts you at risk of someone using the same sample. I wish he wouldve actually played his full version, if he had a dope sample with a wack beat, idk that its so wrong that they handed the sample off to Cardiak to make a beat around it. Also dont think Cardiak is an in house MMG producer.

Last edited:
Sucks but thats why relationships are so important. Shit like this can happen with melodies, verses etc not just samples. And its not just majors, I've had rappers ask me to "remake" soundclick beats cuz they woukd rather pay me then some guy on the internet they've never met.

Even if they did do that he pretty much cant do anything.... its a sample. I've seen people sample the same shit all the damn time

They probably did jack his beat it happens all the time. Also it doesn't matter that it's sampled, you don't think a label will jack a non sampled beat from some somebody? That happens all the time also. Hip hop beats are easy and can be recreated and re-done quickly. LOL @ yall saying this is why I don't sample, like your non sampled shit won't get jacked to. It's not Mozart it's easy to remake.

Last edited:
ive had one of my beats remade and redone by a major (i believe atleast), they took the tonality, format and one of the sounds. mine didnt use any samples so i'm pretty damn sure

i aint mad though really, it was just a throwaway beat to me that got turned into an amazing song that i couldnt have produced ever (yet!). the final record was one of my fav songs to come out this year

a few people on here know what one i'm talking about and agreed with me lol

Last edited:
Where's Suge Knight when you need him? When all else fails send in the goons(lol). I bet if that producer had ties to the Zoe pound, Rick's producers wouldn't try that shit. Or you can kill two birds with one stone and have a gangsta lawyer like David Kenner handle it. Just another example of the rich shitting on the poor. That's why being successful and having a lawyer go hand in hand. They could have done the same thing with a non sample.

Last edited:
funny how people are laughing at this situation like you guys wouldnt be mad if it happened to u . sample or not. if its his beat. its his beat... but the situation is messed up but it is life... get over it... but people need not to laugh, because this can happen to all of us.

This is why I don't submit any of my sampled beats to any projects but close ones. One of the hardest and greyest areas to claim "beat jacking".

Back