Verse of the Year

im1ufo

This may be the rawest and most honest verse I've ever heard in hip hop.
In a genre where it's not cool to show weakness, Aesop manages to pull it off without coming across as a pussy.

This is bare bones Aesop...no wonder he named the album Skelethon

verse starts at 2:24...this also happens to be one of the only Straightforward verses he's ever recorded...not a bad way to end the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYNBOAoXReQ

I have been completely unable to maintain any semblance of relationship on any level
I have been a bastard to the people who have actively attempted to deliver me from peril
I have been acutely undeserving of the ear that listen up and lip that kissed me on the temple
I have been accustomed to a stubborn disposition that admits it wish it's history disassembled
I have been a hypocrite in sermonizing tolerance while skimming for a ministry to pretzel
I have been unfairly resentful of those I wish that acted different when the bidding was essential
I have been a terrible communicator prone to isolation over sympathy for devils
I have been my own worse enemy since the very genesis of rebels
Today I pulled three ghost crabs out of rock and sand, where the low tide showcased a promised land.
I told them "you will grow to be something dynamic and impressive; you are patient you are gallant you are festive."
Then I let them go

Oh

Last edited:
Back