using waves plugins in fl studio 10

acetheface954

Hello again. Folks I always get a time deficiency problem when i upload a waves plugin in my mixer. Anybody know why this happens and how to stop it?

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Hello again. Folks I always get a time deficiency problem when i upload a waves plugin in my mixer. Anybody know why this happens and how to stop it?
www.souncloud.com/arthurd

It's latency from the processes the FX are doing. One of the Reasons I'm not the biggest fan of Waves plug ins. The good news is, on mixdown everything will line up right. But, That's why I prefer the plugs that come Native in FL, they are latency free and can do everything you need in the beatmaking process just as good as anything Waves makes if you learn your tools.

I'm pretty sure Waves has "Live", "Lite" and "Latency Free" ver. or plugs that need processing time. Not as effective, but keep everything aligned. Example being the L3-LL(Low Latency) vs. the much cleaners sounding regular L3.

Last edited:
Smh stupid waves. Its still a hassle for me. So is there no way of ridding myself of ths problem? I use fl's plugins 95% of the time. Why not they're awesome. Guess waves lost a customer. Thanks man.

FL has automatic PDC now, as long as you have it working it compensates for delay.

336845.jpg

Yeah its been a long time coming, almost as long as PDC for non HD Pro Tools.

But still thought there are a lot less resource hungry plugins than Waves. Like The Rocket, its comparable to the 1176.

I think there may be a simpler way, idk about your computer but on mine whenever I use waves it always starts to lag a bit but ONLY while I have the window of the plugin open. So when I close the window of the plugin im using, the delay leaves completely.

Last edited:
FL has automatic PDC now, as long as you have it working it compensates for delay.

tried it and...no luck. :-/

Which plug were you needing? I may be able to suggest one from another company that can do as good of a job.

for starters x-crackle, x-noise, and x-click.

I think there may be a simpler way, idk about your computer but on mine whenever I use waves it always starts to lag a bit but ONLY while I have the window of the plugin open. So when I close the window of the plugin im using, the delay leaves completely.

tried your method as well. still no good. lol

Last edited:

This has nothing to do with the processing delay the plugin is gonna generate anyway. And afaik, there's no such thing as a "latency free" plugin, as all digital signal processing will inherently take some time, well, processing. Of course, at some point it can be so low that it's virtually non-existant.

acetheface954 said:
for starters x-crackle, x-noise, and x-click.

I'm pretty sure these aren't really meant to be realtime mixing plugins as such - they probably all rely on analyzing a chunk of audio to determine what needs to be attenuated, which can't be accomplished without a sizeable delay - ie. the time it needs to "look forward" in the track to be able to process it. I'm not sure - as I've never used them - how CPU-heavy they actually are, but as said, I'd imagine the nature of the processing needed here leans towards a big, fixed latency.

Back