Using Midi Controller with Recycle?

ewp1234

When chopping up samples in Recycle, is there a way I can assign the different slices to the keys on my midi controller? Or can I only do that in Reason after I turn it into a rex file?

you'r the sort of person who would buy a dog from the pet shop

then ask on a dog lovers forum

if dogs can be used as helicopters

thanks for the smart *** remark CTP but the funny thing is u couldn't answer my question. I already know how to chop the samples and use them in reason with my midi controller. My question is, when i have recycle open before I save as a rex file, can i use my midi controller to play the different slices just in recycle?

Bump

I was googling this, stumbled upon this thread, and I'm wondering the same thing. I love Reason and all but the workflow for sampling sucks... Recycle doesnt even have shortcuts for the pen/arrow tool as far as I know(if someone knows please enlighten me). It would be soooo great to be able to chop with a midi controller MPC style (I have an MPD 32/MPK mini) instead of using my mouse and the sensitivity slider etc... Takes all the emotion out of the chopping/sampling process. Does anyone have a solution to achieve MPC style chopping from the MIDI controller in Recycle/Reason/Record???

I was googling this, stumbled upon this thread, and I'm wondering the same thing. I love Reason and all but the workflow for sampling sucks... Recycle doesnt even have shortcuts for the pen/arrow tool as far as I know(if someone knows please enlighten me). It would be soooo great to be able to chop with a midi controller MPC style (I have an MPD 32/MPK mini) instead of using my mouse and the sensitivity slider etc... Takes all the emotion out of the chopping/sampling process. Does anyone have a solution to achieve MPC style chopping from the MIDI controller in Recycle/Reason/Record???

as far as i know its not possible, its strictly mouse chopping

I was afraid of that :/. Does anyone know of ANY software that lets you use your MIDI controller to chop beats in real time like an MPC? I want to be able to just hit the pads where I want to chop and have those slices auto assigned.. That'd be friggin heavenly, but I can't afford any more hardware right now :(.

I was afraid of that :/. Does anyone know of ANY software that lets you use your MIDI controller to chop beats in real time like an MPC? I want to be able to just hit the pads where I want to chop and have those slices auto assigned.. That'd be friggin heavenly, but I can't afford any more hardware right now :(.

NI Maschine

isnt maschine hardware? if there's a software for it that enables MPC like slicing, do you know of a way i could use my MPD32 with it?

Last edited:
isnt maschine hardware? if there's a software for it that enables MPC like slicing, do you know of a way i could use my MPD32 with it?

yes Maschine is hardware and software. what about Geist? that's just software that can be controlled from your MPD. download the demo and check it out. I was pretty impressed with it but I decided to go the Maschine route

yes Maschine is hardware and software. what about Geist? that's just software that can be controlled from your MPD. download the demo and check it out. I was pretty impressed with it but I decided to go the Maschine route

Sickk. I will definitely try these out as soon as I get home. I hope this works. Thank you for the help!

Back