using a sampler as sequencer for other instruments

Bwandice

So I am looking to get my SH-101, Oberheim DX, and a moogerfooger MF-102 (specifically the LFO clock rate) all on the same clock, and I was looking into getting a Dr. Sample SP-202 (+MIDI to CV converter) to do the job (becasue its cheap and ive always been interested in getting a sampler). However all the SP series only have MIDI in, and im assuming for this purpose I would need a sequencer/sampler with MIDI out to send out clock info to the other pieces.

If this assumption is correct and plausible, is anyone aware of a relatively cheap sampler (preferably)/sequencer with a MIDI out?

yes, you need something with Midi out. SP-606 perhaps, MPC, if you have a soft-sequencer, you can get something like the m-audio Uno and midi it up.
LevLove

yes, you need something with Midi out. SP-606 perhaps, MPC, if you have a soft-sequencer, you can get something like the m-audio Uno and midi it up.
LevLove

hm the 606 and MPC series are a bit pricey, the MPC 500 looks nice and could possibly be affordable however id be looking for something more geared towards loops and fx like the sp, not so much beat making.

I wonder how much Yamaha's RV7000s cost these days? That'd be a seriously great sequencer and a decent sampler...

I wonder how much Yamaha's RV7000s cost these days? That'd be a seriously great sequencer and a decent sampler...

Those are hard to come by, but maybe Emu command stations get, thos are killer sequencers. Ebay has most likely a few xl-7's, mp-7's or px-7's on sale.

Wait, are you looking for straight up sequencers now as well? There's plenty of those around if you don't specifically need the sampler functionality in the same package...

Wait, are you looking for straight up sequencers now as well? There's plenty of those around if you don't specifically need the sampler functionality in the same package...

Well I figure I couldn't get a combination of sampler, sequencer, and CV/Gate converter, so it would be sequencer combined with converter, or sampler combined with sequencer.

Back