Used Audio Interface and bundled/free plugins...???

Chew_Bear

I'm a little confused about something...

If I decide to buy a used audio interface that originally came with a couple free plugins as a bundle....

A. How do you 'receive' or get the free plugins that originally came with the AI, if its used...???

B. Does this require having the original/previous owner 'transfering' the plugins over to the new owner (me) of the AI...right...???

OR...is it as simple as when installing/turning on the AI...the free plugins will magically appear somewhere and I can install them than...???

How does this work...Help...?!?!

Looking to buy a used UAD Apollo Twin.

Last edited:
I guess you have a software DvD with the Plugins on it, a friend of mine bought a huge mixer with a copy of Cubase 6 and it came with a DvD, also I bought once a book about cubase and the author set a VST Plugin for free, also that one came with a DvD.

You can ask the guy you wanna buy from

They're just regular plugins, doesn't matter if they originally came with an interface (or anything else) or whether or not they came on a physical disc. The licenses need to be transferred properly, and as ponkapog said, this procedure may vary from developer to developer. There's also a chance that the plugin licenses are "NFR" (Not For Resale), in which case you just won't get the plugins.

So in other words....you take a 'gamble'...???

As in...If I decide to buy a used UAD Apollo Twin from Ebay, Reverb, Craigslist etc.....

That would mean that I don't necessarily know for sure....that I will be getting the 'plugins' (of which came free when bought brand new).

Therefore...in the end....I am probably only getting a 'used' AI for mainly the converters, preamps, I/O and whatever else that comes with installing/using it...."MINUS"....the free plugins...right...???

Last edited:
Back