Usb Mixer

Handspeaka

I have a Alesis MultiMix 8 channel version 1.0 usb mixer. Ive had it for over a year and its been fine.
The other day i unplugged it to plug it into my laptop to do some portable recording and it worked fine.When i plugged it back into my computer my computer completly did not recognise it. Usually it automatically installs but this time,Nothing! The computer says its there but it does not work.
Ive tried re-installing the driver for the mixer of the cd that came with it and also letting the computer to find it for me through the internet but it comes up with nothing.
If anyone knows whats going on or has experienced the same problem i would like tor hear from you.
Handspeaka.

Mac or PC?

Here's what I usually do for PC.

First you need to go to Device Manager and see if Mixer is listed there.
Right click on mixer device....disable then enable again.

How to get to device manager: click on start button>>>right click on computer>>>click on manage>>>click on device manager.

Dude, if you computer only has USB 1.0 then it's high time you upgraded. USB 1.0 doesn't have the bandwidth to accommodate the bandwidth requirements of modern music making. USB 2.0 is the oldest tech you should go! In fact, aside from a mouse and keyboard, I can't think of any modern devices that wouldn't choke on USB 1.0.

Back