Unusual problem with Logic Pro.. PLEASE HELP!

Mauz213

Hey,
I'd like to thank y'all in advance for helping out. I'm currently running Logic Pro 8 on a late 2008 Imac (2 GHz Intel Core 2 Dyo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM). The gear I have is: Alesis multimix 8 USB
Yamaha HSM 50 Studio Monitors
MPC2kxl
Gemini Turntable Mixer
Technics SL 12s
M Audio Axiom 49
Logic Pro 8
Reason 4

So I plugged the mixer in through the USB, and I have my monitors plugged into the main mix out on the mixer. Powered on the computer, mixer and monitors, and went into the system settings for the mac and changed my output to USB Audio Codec (which is what my mixer comes up as), played a few songs through Itunes and everything works and sounds great.

Heres the problem: When I open up Logic and change my audio preferences to use the USB Audio Codec it gives me a continuous high pitched buzz noise, while in logic if I change the output back to using the internal speakers it goes away. But anytime I use the Alesis USB mixer it gives me that noise. Its audible enough to the point that I can't mix or work on projects with that in the background.

If I open up Reason by itself and use the Alesis mixer as its output I dont get the same problem which leads me to beleive its something within Logic itself thats causing the problem.. I just can't figure out what it is :-/

As a sidenote the mixer has 4 mono inputs and 2 stereo inputs which don't show up in logic when I create an audio track and try to choose inputs. Don't know if that has anything to do with this problem but its just another issue I'm having.

ANY and ALL help will be appreciated to the MAX!

sounds like a feedback loop. its not hum b/c that is around 60hz. if you have a mic picking up signal from your monitors feedback loops can occur. This may not be the case but the sound you where referring to sounds like a feedback loop

thanks for the reply, i dont have a mic and i also tried to run logic with only the mixer plugged in via usb.. still got the noise.. im pretty confused because the problem seems to be within logic only.

Back