UK PRODUCERS - Who do you use for royalties?

Hey,

I'm new to this and wondering how to receive royalties form future beat sales. I understand that I need to register with a performing rights organisation (People say BMI, ASCAP, etc). But as I'm UK based, i cannot register with them. Who do you guys use in the UK? And does it matter if im selling to artists outside of the UK?

Thanks

Hey,

I'm new to this and wondering how to receive royalties form future beat sales. I understand that I need to register with a performing rights organisation (People say BMI, ASCAP, etc). But as I'm UK based, i cannot register with them. Who do you guys use in the UK? And does it matter if im selling to artists outside of the UK?

Thanks

You can sign up with BMI from the UK or you could look at PRS.

I did look at joining BMI, but the website says
'U.S. must be your country of residence for tax purposes to join online'

Have you used PRS mate?

Contact BMI London office - Contact Us: Music Creators | About | BMI.com

Look for the london office on that link I provided and send them an email stating you'd wish to join but you are from the UK, they will send you a separate application via email - i did this and have the application sitting here (although I haven't filled it out yet)

PRS i haven't used yet but most people from UK use them as they are the go to for us in the UK.

I haven't signed up because it used to be free but now they charge £100 so I'm just waiting for things to pick up before I spend that money, but nothing to worry about because they can back track for up to 6 months.

Back