"Uh huh" - Feedback appreciated!

Mentalattica

This is a fairly recent song I recorded called "Uh huh." I made the beat, rapped, and mixed it myself. I hope to get some feedback to help me in the future especially as far as my mixes are concerned. I feel like I typically mix my vocals a little too loud, maybe subliminally to get them to stand out, who knows. Beats aren't really my strong point but I manage most of the time out of necessity, not really something I enjoy doing as much as rapping.

Feedback is is greatly appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/expressi0n-1/2014-uhhuh-mix

Last edited:
Nice begining, Nice lyrics xD and Try to turn up the beat to make it "Warmer" or sound fuller. Nice tho

Thanks for the feedback! I checked out some of your beats and I love "Is it Because I'm Black," real dope. I tried to sample the same song a while back and couldn't come up with anything that was usable. Good job!

i feel what youre saying. i usually mix my vocals too low cos beats are my stronger side.
this mix is good in my opinion tho. awesome song man!

btw, that's the same sample as afu's equality? damn i've forgotten what the sample is.

You got some hot lyrics. I would put more emotion and confidence behind your voice! Love the sample. Continue to work on mixing and confidence and you'll be fine! Good work.

i feel what youre saying. i usually mix my vocals too low cos beats are my stronger side.
this mix is good in my opinion tho. awesome song man!

btw, that's the same sample as afu's equality? damn i've forgotten what the sample is.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure if that's the same song or not, it's an old Eddie Floyd song though. I listened to a lot of your beats and you aren't lying when you say you have some strong beats! Did you do the scratching yourself? "Keep On" reminds me a lot of Premier and that's real impressive! Most of what I've heard is exactly the type of stuff I listen to.

You got some hot lyrics. I would put more emotion and confidence behind your voice! Love the sample. Continue to work on mixing and confidence and you'll be fine! Good work.

Thanks! Lol I'm not animated at all, which is kinda counter productive in hip-hop I know. I'll definitely work on it though!

Back