Turntables to Blueray?!

Sequence2

My friend wants me to dj at his place this weekend.
I have never done a set up at someone else's house attempting to use their audio set up and all he has is a LG 1100w home stereo system (I am using traktor Kontrol s4)
His Blueray player has 2 RCA input slots which are currently receiving a signal from his TV (his home theatre speakers are also connected to the blueray).. I was wondering if I connected my turn ables output RCAs into his input RCAs on his blueray will I get the desired setup I am looking for? (connecting my turntables to his blueray. in doing so having the audio signal coming out of his home theatre system?)

Are you using a mixer or just plugging the turntable RCA directly into the Blue Ray? I assume you are using the Blue Ray as an amp. If you are coming out of your DJ mixer then you should be fine, just keep the volume down on your DJ mixer. You don't want to send too strong of a signal into the blue ray player and damage any input circuitry.
Connecting your turntables directly to the blue ray player without a mixer will not sound good. Turntables put out a different weaker signal than a mixer or CD player. Using a mixer serves as a pre-amp for the turntable.

Back