turntable for scratching..time code?

HalfBlacko0000

Good Music
So I'm in the market for a turntable to do some scratching on to add a 90's vibe to some of my songs but I want my setup to be versatile meaning be able to switch from vinyl to mp3s so I saw a couple of videos on YouTube of guys using real turntables with software and I just think that's the coolest thing since sliced bread. Does anyone have this sort of setup that can maybe tell me what they like and don't like and a decent turntable to cop I know the 1200's are the industry standard but I hate buying used stuff online..I was looking at Stanton decks I really don't want to spend more then 5-6 if I can but you guys are the experts and have been doing this shit way longer then me

Its really only partly the turntable from what it sounds like you're asking. The major thing to research is the software. I've used Serato Scratch Live and Serato DJ so those are my personal favorites though some swear by Tracktor. Really, its only because I'm used to it and I feel the workflow is really easy to catch on to and is very intuitive. Regarding turntables, the S-Arm is really for playing rather than scratching(seek what Q-Bert uses if you wanna scratch). If its for sampling, any will do. Stanton's are great but the reason Tek's are so in the normal is not only the features, but the life time they last and how much insane amounts of abuse they can take.

Back