Tuning Samples

StanleySteamer

Hey there FP, just had a quick question about tuning samples. Currently I use FL Studio and I have a sample I am pretty confident in but I wanted to add a piano intro from another song to it as part of an interlude. The key of my song and sample is F#Minor. I was wondering if there is a way to take my other sample and tune it to F#Minor even though it may not be in that key to make it better match with my sample? Again I use FL Studio so instructions to do so through FL would be awesome! Thanks again FP.

Load the edited loop of the sample you want to use into an audio clip and pitch/timestretch it to match the rest of the song. All the knobs/controls are in the audio clip sample cell.

Load the edited loop of the sample you want to use into an audio clip and pitch/timestretch it to match the rest of the song. All the knobs/controls are in the audio clip sample cell.

Thanks for the response! So there is no specific key or anything I have to assign the sample too? And also do I adjust the pitch of this sample to the same pitch as my other samples?

Back