Trouse style track - Aroma (f4f) Elytal

The first thing I notice is the bass. Are you side chaining it at all? it doesn't sound like it, or if it is, I can't hear it, but it seems so "in your face" maybe tone it down a bit or make it in a lower octave.

(I'm not familiar with who or what "trouse" is.)

Your snare seems low as well, maybe compress it a bit and EQ some more, it has no punch just the "ssshhh" sound, throughout the track.

The hihats just need compression, I don't hear them, but they don't seem to be conflicting with anything. In the second half, the off time percussion can't really be heard through the track. Just sounds like there's a problem when you were rendering the track. Some compression to give it quick punch so it can jump in and make it self known, but not clash. Low attack and very low release so it's punchy.

The melody lose's volume when the fx and everything is playing together. Add some compression to it, little bit of EQ, I think it's not too bad where it is. Might be able to add some more reverb on it so it seems more in the back ground-ish, but it will be more distinct. EQ the fx so it doesn't clash to.

Good track though. Great work.

Dope track, well produced and nicely arranged. The mix is okay but you can improve it a bit.

I feel there is a slight gap between the low end and the high end, if you tame the high end on the hihats, and lower volume of the bass sound a bit, you'll have a much better balance in volume and in frequency as well.

Maybe make the snare punch a bit harder, and after you have tamed the highs of the hihats you could give the overall sound a very slight boost on the mi-high frequencies. (2-5K) Try something in that area and listen to what it does to your sound.

I hope my feedback helps you out a bit, keep up the good work!

Return the feed pls:

E-40 ft Juicy J & Ty Dolla$ign - Chitty Bang Remix (Prod by R-skillz) Feed4Feed!!

Last edited:
Yo, I really like the mix when the drums kick in. Really nice build up and release too going on here. I think the part at 1:44 should be harder, not mix wise but melody wise. Layer a little more and maybe a harder synth on it. This isnt my type of music that I listen to so Im just giving my 2 cents on it.

https://soundcloud.com/s-cruz/chief-cruz

Back