trouble with audio interface

d-rock07

Ok so check this. my computer will be working fine when i am just using the built in speakers and headphones but once i go to plug in my usb interface to play music out my monitors, the computer stutters and is real laggy and you cant possibly listen to music like that. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what is causing this. i mean everything was working fine for a while and then i started using an MPC and hadnt been on the computer for a while and when i go to use the interface i get the stutter. any ideas?

Is the interface hooked up at all times? Have you checked the drivers, and also is your cpu/ram sufficient?

no i dont have the interface hooked up at all times just whenever i wanna use it. Also the drivers seem to be fine cuz the computer says that it recognizes the interface. and i would think my cpu/ram would be sufficient since it was running fine no problems not too long ago

ya i tried to turn off the internet too but it didnt seem to make a difference. i really hope it aint my computer cuz i really dont wanna have to buy a new one

So...which interface, what kind of system? We can guess here all day and night, but there's no generic answer to why this is happening.

Back