triggering hardware synths with a hardware sequencer (korg electribe er-1?)

Hello

I've picked up several "vintage" synthesizers over the last year (roland jx-3p, dx-7, mam 33 - 303 clone, etcetc)
great sounds, but I can't really trigger arpeggiated lines with them. This would be key, especially with the analogue 303 clone.. I want to keep it strictly hardware and I was looking at several grooveboxes for triggering these synths.. long story short.. would the korg electribe ER - 1 be capable of this? I'm supposed to pick one up tomorrow for cheap, but I havent seen any examples of people triggering synths with it online, mainly arp lines. a yamaha rm1x would be ideal, but they are pretty hard to find nowadays.
let me know if anyone knows, or has had experience doing this

cheers
thanks

Compose your sequences on a computer daw , then transfer them to a hardware midi sequencer .
Not sure if that is exactly what you mean , but I know I wouldn't p!ss about trying to compose / create on a hardware sequencer .

So in that respect I should imagine pretty much any (relatively modern) sequencer would be up to it , and probably the more expensive ones are so because the user interface is more sophisticated .

Not sure if that helps at all !

thanks for the reply.
my main reason for getting a hardware sequencer with the step pattern layout is to be able to create lines externally, i really only want to use software for recording/editing purposes. I want to trigger my synthesizers with the er-1 in order to create arpeggiated lines with a more hands on approach. hoping the er-1 is able to do this

Don't know how comprehensive the ER-1's MIDI spec is, but at least you should be able to do basic external sequencing with it.

re

ER1 works quite well as a basic roland style sequencer, but it doesnt reallly do arps and stuff like that, really drums or hits is what it does. poor mans 808. but not really a good sounding one.

so why not get a dedicated hardware sequencer?

SAM-16 or cirklon?

SND SAM-16 MIDI/analogue sequencer
Cirklon

so much more control and playability than what you'd get from a er-1. cost a shitton more however :(

There's plenty of affordable hardware sequencers without having to delve into the high end of things. I'd take a look at the Yamaha Rm1X for example - still an excellent sequencer (even though the built-in sounds are mostly very dated) and costs next to nothing these days.

Back