Trap Bass Samples Questions

BloodDiamond

What up community

New-ish producer with a question for the more experienced trap producers. You guys who get that MEGA bass sound on your mixes, what do you use to create it? What are all your fixins'? Do you use bass samples? What makes a good bass sample? Or are you a bass synth person? What is the best sounding option?

As for me, I've been flip flopping between bass samples and the 3x OSC in FL. It's been alright, but I feel as if I could be using a better method. What do the name producers use? Samples or are they using the 3x OSC like me. Let me know what you guys know. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'm not experienced but this might help. I prefer using program since it's easier to control everything you want. I've got massive so i searched some tutorials on youtube for basics and just make my own 808. It's not that perfect but works for now. Try to search some tutorials for your program and then experiment with knobs etc.

What type of big bass sound you going for? post an example of the sound you're going for then we can guide you better

Beats like Chinatown by the migos or **** Rehab by Chief Keef are good examples what I am trying to describe to y'all. Do you think Chop used bass samples on that or what? Is it all synth based? Or something else?

At the end of the day...sample or no sample a 808 is a sine wav the only advantage to using a sample over a synth is being able to cut the sample off with poly set to 1 other then that it's the same thing!

All a 808 is is a sine wave you can color it with distortion, chorus, and any other crazy fx you wanna try on it

I agree with HalfBlacko, some sine + compressor/distortion should do the trick. But if you really want something concrete , you can check the lex luger 808 bass.

Last edited:
I Would recomment synthesizing your own 808 Bass with 1 sin wave Osc, bounce it to audio, process it. EQ, Compression and Distortion Bounce it again, now you have a modified 808 Bass, insert to sampler and insert a few FX again like a lil bit of compression, NY compression from your drums, a saturator and Boom! done.

I am creating a video tutorial on how to make an 808 Bass from scratch and i will be posting it here when i have it uploaded. Good luck BloodDiamond.

Welcome, here is my tutorial on making your own kick from a synthesizer, my next video will be 808 bass.

Subscribe if you wish. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! Finally its here! Create your own 808BASS, this is a basic tutorial where i show, how to synthesize and process an 808 bass, I hope you learn and start creating your own.

Next tutorial create your own "Snare."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back