transferring songs from macbook to mpc1k

jody

All of a sudden when I go to put a sample on, it tells me there is insufficient space. I've deleted quite a bit of files but still no go. Also it tells me 0.0 space free on card. Help?

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

I've cleaned off my card to where it has maybe 3 folders of drums and 3 saved songs... Now when I try to save my current project, it tells me the card is full.

Are you managing your card data via usb and the computer? If so, you need to empty the trash while the card drive is open on the computer... this will empty your cards "trash". This will ACTUALLY free up the space on your card... Let me know what happens. If you are just getting insufficient memory on your MPC, you are having too many things loaded up at one time and your memory can't hold all of them... If you fill up your max sample time, you won't be able to load anything else at the same time. Either get more memory, or save the samples to the card and load only what you need to the internal space...

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

^ that is an internal memory problem... I didn't mean to say to the card in the second reason. I mean to say the internal memory can't hold it all.

Ahhh, that makes sense... I got fed up with it and reformatted the whole card. I appreciate knowing what I need to do next time!

Back