Total workstation 2 / I'm new,it's cheap.Should i buy it?

Markers

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/twgb

Total workstation 2 bundle seems to have a great discount theese days,check it out above,

199$ seems pretty cheap comparing to ableton live (about 500$?)

I will definitely buy a midi keyboard also if i buy this.I can play acoustic & classic guitar,know some music theory and don't really know a thing about music production.

What do you think? Should i go with it?

I will work hard to get better on producing music.(About 8 hours a day.) UR

Last edited by a moderator:
Well ableton is a full daw. Capable of recording audio, midi etc. Total workstation are vst instruments... not sure if they run standalone. But the case is you will want to sequence your music.so i advice reaper @$60 . But you cant go wrong with the total workstation all sorts of sounds there to get you going.

go with Total workstation and reaper right now
why because you'll be up and running with a great DAW Reaper and great vst/sounds total workstation
head over to here https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/hardware-software/ik-multimedia-sponsored-forum/
I'm coping Komplete 8 with the money the IRS will give back to me in winter 2013
and IK Multimedia mixing and mastering package great company

Music Business Professional Read their tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​

Well, I'm biased so you know my suggestion (though I used IK Multimedia products a lot WAY before I worked here, as did Obi who is known quite well around these parts). Speaking of Obi, he'd also recommend Reaper and I happen to prefer it to Ableton personally if I had to pick from those two. You really have to work with what works with your work flow (did I say the word "work" enough in that sentence?).

I really just wanted to clarify the question about whether Total Workstation instruments work standalone. Yes, they do. Most people like the work flow when you combine all the sounds into the same folder structure and point the main SampleTank interface to ALL of the sounds. That way you could use the SampleTank, Sonik Synth, Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleTron, and SampleMoog sounds all from the same place. I find this a great way to have an amazing array of sounds at your fingertips without switching plugin/program.

i'm not gonna lie...

i used to have a Korg Micro-X and Sonic Synth blew it away, EASILY.

being able to load and layer patches in SS and ST is FAST and effective.

SS / ST are solid tools for sound-design, no doubt about that -

Back